MCP Middle & High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- MCP Middle and High School (Monterey Coast Prep) provides a highly engaging education combining academics, social opportunities, and emotional support for students who learn differently-ensuring that our students can enter college and adult life with confidence.
- We create a personal learning plan that takes into account students' current abilities, future plans, and personal strengths.
- We assess academic, social and emotional ability throughout their learning that is adapted to how they best show what they know and can do.
- The MCP personal learning plan builds on student strengths towards mastery of middle and high school content.
- For students with special gifts, we're able to accelerate and expand learning opportunities for advanced college prep, including UC and AP classes.
MCP Middle & High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Anxiety, ASD, NLD|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Physics, AP US History|
|Average ACT score||36|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition payable in 1, 2, 4 or 10 monthly payments after deposit.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jay Dunlap|
|Admissions Associate||Kris Neustadter|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Organization, Student Council, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Clubs vary by year
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs vary by year
- MCP's focus is on your child's success:
- - Individualized personal learning plans for academic, emotional and social growth
- - Small class size (5 to 8 students)
- - Extended time for learning
- - Accessible and rigorous college preparatory curriculum
- - Schedules that optimize learning
- - Daily Homework Club support and 21st Century Skills Class
- - Collaboration with family and other supporters, including educational therapists, tutors, or psychologists
- - Daily opportunities for leadership
- - Support for adaptive technologies
- - Staff to student ratio of 1:4
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 10.8 6-12
- Santa Cruz Grades: NS-8 | 159 students
2190 Empire Grade
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831)425-0519 6 NS-8
- Aptos Grades: K-6 | 58 students
2288 Trout Gulch Rd
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)688-1074 7.9 K-6
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8
16180 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-2868 282.9 K-8
Our son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. He is thriving and learning at a phenomenal rate. They really are college preparatory. Had my son not attended MCP, he would mostly likely received a high school certificate not a diploma. He is learning skills to succeed in college and every day life. Thank you MCP.
- Posted by Parent - Natalie
MCP offers individualized education, responsive staff, and commitment to helping students with learning differences reach their potential. Three thumbs up from our family!
- Posted by Parent - kfcak
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.