MCP Middle & High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- MCP Middle and High School (Monterey Coast Prep) provides a highly engaging education combining academics, social opportunities, and emotional support for students who learn differently-ensuring that our students can enter college and adult life with confidence.
- We create a personal learning plan that takes into account students' current abilities, future plans, and personal strengths.
- We assess academic, social and emotional ability throughout their learning that is adapted to how they best show what they know and can do.
- The MCP personal learning plan builds on student strengths towards mastery of middle and high school content.
- For students with special gifts, we're able to accelerate and expand learning opportunities for advanced college prep, including UC and AP classes.
MCP Middle & High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Anxiety, ASD, NLD|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Physics, AP US History,|
|Average ACT score||36|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition payable in 1, 2, 4 or 10 monthly payments after deposit.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jay Dunlap|
|Admissions Associate||Kris Neustadter|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Organization, Student Council, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Clubs vary by year
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs vary by yea
- MCP's focus is on your child's success:
- - Individualized personal learning plans for academic, emotional and social growth
- - Small class size (5 to 8 students)
- - Extended time for learning
- - Accessible and rigorous college preparatory curriculum
- - Schedules that optimize learning
- - Daily Homework Club support and 21st Century Skills Class
- - Collaboration with family and other supporters, including educational therapists, tutors, or psychologists
- - Daily opportunities for leadership
- - Support for adaptive technologies
- - Staff to student ratio of 1:4
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Gatos Grades: 6-12
50 University Ave., Suite A300
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)354-0743 10.8 6-12
- Santa Cruz Grades: NS-8 | 159 students
2190 Empire Grade
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831)425-0519 6 NS-8
- Aptos Grades: K-6 | 58 students
2288 Trout Gulch Rd
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)688-1074 7.9 K-6
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8
16180 Mulholland Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-2868 282.9 K-8
Our son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. He is thriving and learning at a phenomenal rate. They really are college preparatory. Had my son not attended MCP, he would mostly likely received a high school certificate not a diploma. He is learning skills to succeed in college and every day life. Thank you MCP.
- Posted by Parent - Natalie
MCP offers individualized education, responsive staff, and commitment to helping students with learning differences reach their potential. Three thumbs up from our family!
- Posted by Parent - kfcak
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.