Established in 1973, Methodist Early Childhood Education (MECE) Preschool and Kindergarten is a non-profit school operating on the East Campus of the First United Methodist Church of Boca Raton.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 121 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Now accepting McKay, and Step Up Scholarships
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Also, a $50 registration fee per child
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
and Sports, Music, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs:
- MECE seeks to promote the child`s spiritual, physical, intellectual, and social-emotional maturity in an atmosphere which reflects basic religious values common to both the Methodist Church and other Christian religions.The program provides appropriate developmental activities for each child in the areas of language arts, math, science, art, music, and physical education. The MECE teacher endeavors to emphasize the worth and dignity of the individual child and spiritual growth through educational and engaging activities.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mece cost?
Mece's tuition is approximately $175 for summer students.
When is the application deadline for Mece?
The application deadline for Mece is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Mece. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.