Mercy Special Learning Center
Tel: (610) 797-8242
Mercy School For Special Learning is the only private, non-residential school for children and young adults with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities in the Lehigh Valley.
Our mission for more than 60 years has been to love, respect and value each individual and to provide a combination of academics, life skills and community engagement to help a person reach his or her fullest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khakis and Polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||This number reflects the cost to educate. We use the FACTS system to determine what a family can afford to pay, then we complement the family's funds with financial aid.|
|Admissions Director||Tom Harper|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Magical Movement Dancers
We offer three distinct programs:
- A comprehensive, inclusive pre-K program for children ages 3-5 in which children with typical needs join with children with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities;
- A school-age program exclusively for children and young adults ages 5-21 with these types of disabilities who are grouped by age and ability rather than grade level;
- A state-licensed community habilitation program for adults 21 and older who are unable to secure employment because of the severity of their disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethlehem Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
2196 Avenue C
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 266-6500 4.7 1-12
- Allentown Grades: 9-12 | 620 students
301 N 4th St
Allentown, PA 18102
(610) 437-4601 1.2 9-12
- Allentown Grades: 8 | 36 students
401 Allen Street
Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 432-2781 1.5 8
- Bath Grades: PK-8 | 113 students
115 Washington St.
Bath, PA 18014
(610) 837-6391 9.9 PK-8
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 7-12 | 40 students
452 S Roberts Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 525-5400 40.3 7-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.