The Camphill School
Tel: (610) 469-9236
- The Camphill School is a Waldorf school, as well as a Pennsylvania Approved Private School, for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- We are part of the worldwide Camphill movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children.
- We offer boarding and day academic and prevocational programs, as well as therapeutic care, for children in kindergarten through grade twelve.
- We also offer a Transition Program for young people ages eighteen to twenty-one.
- The Camphill School's mission is to create wholeness for children and youth with developmental disabilities through education, extended family living, and therapy so that they may be better understood, they may more fully unfold their potential, and they may meaningfully participate in life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There are boarding and day rates. Some financial aid is available for private pay boarding students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Rynder|
|Admissions Associate||Becca Winiarski|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- The Camphill School is a nonprofit Pennsylvania Approved Private School and Waldorf school that offers day and residential programs for children and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities that may include, but are not restricted to, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD), Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), Fragile X Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, and other syndromes associated with intellectual disability. The Camphill School is part of the worldwide Camphill Movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children, as well as the only Waldorf school in the country for children with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 12.2 PK-12
- Malvern Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
655 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(484) 595-6781 13.8 1-12
- Glenmoore Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
160 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
(484) 873-4955 4.5 1-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.