The Camphill School
Tel: (610) 469-9236
The Camphill School is a Waldorf school, as well as a Pennsylvania Approved Private School, for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are part of the worldwide Camphill movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children.
We offer boarding and day academic and prevocational programs, as well as therapeutic care, for children in kindergarten through grade twelve.
We also offer a Transition Program for young people ages eighteen to twenty-one.
The Camphill School's mission is to create wholeness for children and youth with developmental disabilities through education, extended family living, and therapy so that they may be better understood, they may more fully unfold their potential, and they may meaningfully participate in life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There are boarding and day rates. Some financial aid is available for private pay boarding students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Rynder|
|Admissions Associate||Becca Winiarski|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- The Camphill School is a nonprofit Pennsylvania Approved Private School and Waldorf school that offers day and residential programs for children and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities that may include, but are not restricted to, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD), Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), Fragile X Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, and other syndromes associated with intellectual disability. The Camphill School is part of the worldwide Camphill Movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children, as well as the only Waldorf school in the country for children with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 12.2 PK-12
- Malvern Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
655 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(484) 595-6781 13.8 1-12
- Mount Joy Grades: 3-12 | 70 students
205 Lefever Road
Mount Joy, PA 17552
(717) 653-0025 41.2 3-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.