The Pathway School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (610) 277-0660
- The Pathway School is a unique institution known for its multi-sensory approach to instruction, utilizing a combination of clinical, behavioral and educational specialists to meet individual learning and behavior needs.
- Pathway provides a comprehensive program of services for children between the ages of 9 and 21 for whom mainstream public and private school education is insufficient to meet their needs.
- These youngsters display severe neuropsychiatric disorders and complex learning issues necessitating focused learning environments.
- The Pathway School develops and implements innovative, quality programs and services that enrich the lives of children and young adults with special needs.
- Pathway builds the independence of its students in a nurturing and challenging environment that best prepares them for life after Pathway.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No inappropriate language or pictures)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,000|
|Admissions Director||Diana M. Phifer|
|Admissions Associate||Rashonda Saunders|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenmoore Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
160 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
(484) 873-4955 19.8 1-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 8.3 5-12
- Glenmoore Grades: NS-12 | 128 students
1784 Fairview Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
(610) 469-9236 17 NS-12
- Berwyn Grades: Inquire with school | 69 students
973 Old Lancaster Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
(610) 725-0755 6.7 Inquire with school
This school has been an absolute ideal placement for our son for several years now transitioning from the end of elementary through middle and now about to graduate! I can't even imagine where we might be had it not been for Pathway honestly, given where we were before he started. If you have a child with difficult placement needs, this is the place. Some schools are useful where there isn't the need for Autism Spectrum Support and there are great schools for Dyslexia or Behavior Support, but for those with specific issues that require a trained or licensed team of professionals who care and offer a well rounded, equal opportunity at a typical education in a setting that best resembles a home school, this is what they may have received but without feeling marginalized. Here, they fit in and feel part of it all. They blossom and recover. They discover themselves and they grow and mature while learning at the level they need to at their pace. Some may goes on to return to their home school but I can say without a doubt, this school has not one time left any doubt that we made the right choice for our son. He may have missed some of what typical kids experience in a "normal" school setting, but given the challenges he has had, that is ok. He has his whole life to experience "normal" now, better prepared, with much less anxiety, more prepared and in a positive state of mind about what he is capable of. That is what this school provided him.
- Posted by Parent - I Butler
I love the pathway school I when long time And hadGood teachers and life skills are good to learn I am all grown up now and thankful I had people put me in my place in life and I love everyone supporting me and always try my best always ps Leah huebner
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Leah
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.