- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a non-profit organization providing services around the nation for persons with emotional, developmental & educational disabilities.
- The Devereux mission is to change lives and nurture human potential.
- We inspire hope, ensure well-being, and promote meaningful life choices.
- Our mission is achieved through a wide range of services and supports for individuals and their families. The mission of the Devereux Early Childhood Inititive (DECI) is to create working partnerships among early childhood educators, mental health professionals, and families to promote young children's social and emotional development, foster resilience, and build the skills for school success.
- Devereux Brandywine School serves males, grades 1-12, with Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Offered are: PA Standard (Common Core) Curriculum, PSSA/Keystone Components, Aimsweb Progress Monitoring, Credits toward Diploma, School-Wide Postive Behavior Intervention & Support (SW-PBIS), Skill Development Classes/ Career Cruising, Student Work Program, Direct Instruction (SRA) in Reading/Math, Speech/Language/Occupational Therapy Services and Extended School Year (ESY) Program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities, ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, Autism Spectrum Disorders, among others|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$44,782|
|Tuition Notes||The $44,782 tuition costs are for the 10-month school program. ESY is separate.|
|Admissions Director||Carol Konecny|
|Admissions Associate||Pam McCullough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Client Core Team, Robotics Club, School Newpaper, Talent Show, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Gym Class
- On Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health campuses throughout Chester County, Approved Private Schools (APSes) continue the work of Helena Devereux who believed that all children, even those with emotional and/or developmental nees, could flourish and learn in a caring, nurturing, and supportive environement.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health offers five APSes in Chester County, Brandywine being one of the five schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MediaGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
111 Elwyn Road
Media, PA 19063
- NorristownGrades: K-12 | 150 students
162 Egypt Road
Norristown, PA 19403
- WayneGrades: K-12 | 273 students
445 Upper Gulph Road
Wayne, PA 19087
- PaoliGrades: 3-12 | 188 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
- BerwynGrades: UG | 64 students
973 Old Lancaster Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.