Tel: (484) 873-4955
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a non-profit organization serving persons with emotional and/or developmental needs & educational disabilities.
- The Devereux mission is to change lives and nurture human potential.
- We inspire hope, ensure well-being, and promote meaningful life choices.
- Our mission is achieved through a wide range of services and supports for individuals and their families. The mission of the Devereux Early Childhood Inititive (DECI) is to create working partnerships among early childhood educators, mental health professionals, and families, to promote young children's social and emotional development, foster resilience, and build the skills for school success.
- Devereux Brandywine School serves students, grades 1-12,with Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Offered are: PA Standard (CommonCore) Curriculum, PSSA/Keystone Components, Aimsweb Progress Monitoring,Credits toward Diploma, School-Wide Postive Behavior Intervention & Support (SW-PBIS), Skill Development Classes/Career Counseling, Student Work Program, Direct Instruction (SRA) in Reading/Math,Speech/Language/Occupational Therapy Services and Extended SchoolYear (ESY) Program. PA 4010 funding available for referring PA school districts.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities, ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, Autism Spectrum Disorders, among others|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$44,782|
|Tuition Notes||The $44,782 tuition costs are for the 10-month school program. ESY is separate.|
|Admissions Director||Carol Konecny|
|Admissions Associate||Pam McCullough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Client Core Team, Robotics Club, School Newpaper, Talent Show, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Program, Gym Class
- On Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health campuses throughout Chester County, Approved Private Schools (APSes) continue the work of founder Helena Devereux who believed that all children, even those with emotional and/or developmental needs, could flourish and learn in a caring, nurturing, and supportive environment.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health offers four APSes in Chester County, Brandywine being one of the four schools.
- Other Devereux Approved Private Schools are CARES in Downingtown, The Learning Center in West Chester, and Mapleton school in Malvern
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenmoore Grades: NS-12 | 128 students
1784 Fairview Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
(610) 469-9236 4.5 NS-12
- Berwyn Grades: Inquire with school | 69 students
973 Old Lancaster Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
(610) 725-0755 16.4 Inquire with school
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?