Montessori Ivy League Academy
- Our Story: In 2006, after an initial unfulfilling experience as a parent, with a local Montessori for her son, the Director and founder, Ms. Salma, decided to recapture the 100-year- old tradition of Maria Montessori. She went on a quest for this single purpose, and obtained not only her Masters in Montessori, but also got as a mentor a Montessorian, who studied with the grand daughter of Maria Montessori herself, in Italy. One of the most important decisions that you will make for your child is choosing the right preschool. Here at Montessori Ivy League Academy, we help prepare children to go anywhere that their dreams, interests, and passions take them. We believe that cultivating curious and inventive personalities in children can help them go further and achieve more. By combining the Montessori Method with Ivy League inspired curriculum, we are able to offer children a truly unique learning experience. Schedule an in-person visit with us to learn more about the Montessori Method and how we utilize it in our classrooms.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform. Kelly Green with large school logo and khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$800|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly fee starts at $650 for part-time. Many different options available. Including free VPK.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Salma|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Golf, Gymnastics, SoccerBallet, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Gymnastics, Soccer, T-ball
- Montessori Ivy League embraces every possible philosophy to enhance the development of the child in an academic and warm atmosphere, as well as considering the safety of the child at all times.By teaching and allowing independence and collaborative learning, with high quality material, learning is reinforced internally through the child's own repetition of an activity and internal feelings of success. This carries the child`s success well beyond the Montessori years.Montessori Ivy League is a firm believer in the authentic Montessori philosophy of the "Absorbent Mind," where a child`s mind is formed in the early childhood. In accordance with the same philosophy, Harvard University`s extensive studies suggest that the structure of the brain is formed in the early years of a child`s education, and we at Montessori Ivy League are proud to incorporate these studies and their practical functions into our curriculum.Se habla espaol. Escuela Preescolar Guarderia en la Ciudad de Pembroke Pines.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollywood Grades: PK-8 | 695 students
19200 Pines Blvd.
Hollywood, FL 33029
(954)435-4622 5.8 PK-8
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-8 | 143 students
7011 W Sunrise Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
(954)584-6816 10.5 PK-8
We are giving Montessori Ivy League 5 stars. We put our daughter in this program when she was 1 year and 8-month-old. We immediately saw the Montessori system working on for her. We were looking for something that would challenge our child, but be fun at the same time. We saw the classrooms with plenty of nice teachers and a plethora of lessons for the kids to do. They also provide extra-curricular activities for them to do as well. Our kids love the gymnastics class. Our daughter continued at this school until she entered into kindergarten. What she learned at Montessori gave her a great start into elementary school. My son was enrolled at a year old and is still enrolled. We see the same results. They enjoy the lessons. Our children love the school and really enjoy their time there. We highly recommend this school to anyone. They have a great staff and management is always making sure no detail is overlooked when it comes to our kids.
- Posted by Parent - Martha Fernandez
Our son was 18 months old when he started attending Montessori Ivy League. We noticed an immediate improvement in his verbal and motor skills. I am most impressed by the fact that all the teachers are trained and certified in Montessori education. I feel safe leaving my son there and look forward to the day when my daughter is old enough to attend.
- Posted by Parent - josem
This is our first experience being part of a Montessori school and this school has an excellent learning environment. The staff members are always warm and friendly - they really make you feel welcome each and very morning when your child walks in the door. The school is also very clean and everything in the classrooms are so organized. My daughter has really been learning alot there and each week they send home what she did that week and you are truly impressed as you can tell they are spending quality time with her in mastering different tasks whether it be writing skills, counting and so many other things. I love this school because it truly is a very nurturing environment for children both from an educational standpoint as well as social development.
- Posted by Parent - ttcam