Our Lady Of Guadalupe Catholic Academy
Tel: (718) 331-2070
- Our Lady Of Guadalupe is a Catholic school, founded in 1923, whereby Christianity is the foundation of our philosophy.
- Our primary goal is to allow each child to grow in a faith relationship with Jesus.
- As educators, we strive to build this relationship with God through daily religion lessons, school masses, prayer services, and programs of Christian service.
- The students of Our Lady of Guadalupe are taught by dedicated educators who believe that each student has been given his or her own unique talents and gifts.
- We stress a balance of intellectual knowledge and skills with the social, personal and physical activities that occur within a normal school year.
- We believe as educators that knowledge is cumulative and skills taught are based on the foundation of learning received in previous grades.
- Teachers make allowances for individual learning needs of students through the use of the remedial reading room and resource center, as well as in their own classrooms.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe has consistently supported the appropriate inclusion of children with special needs into the regular classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 373 students
1313 83rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718) 236-1560 0.6 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK | 250 students
1273 57th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 435-2554 0.9 PK
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 253 students
385 Avenue W
Brooklyn, NY 11223
(718) 375-2081 2.5 PK-8
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.