Our Lady Of Mercy School For Young Women
- Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women is the only college preparatory, faith-based private school, exclusively for young women in the Rochester region that builds life-changing competence, confidence, and compassion in its students.
- Mercy prepares and inspires young women to achieve the highest level of success in college, in career, and in the community.
- Our school is for girls and their families - inclusive of all incomes, races, and faith affiliations - entering grades 6-12 who are seeking an alternative to public school or who wish to continue to pursue a faith-based education
- Strong academic and extra-curricular offerings $30 million in college scholarships awarded to Class of 2019
- 100% graduation rate Globally ready Prestigious and successful alumnae network
- Safe, comfortable environment Bonded by a spirited sisterhood of solidarity
- Care for the mind, body and spirit Supportive advocacy of a caring faculty and staff
- Foundation of Christian principles and values of the Sisters of Mercy
- Strict moral compass Passion for success Over 90 years of excellence
Our Lady Of Mercy School For Young Women places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||799 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Average SAT score||1189|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform plaid skirts, khaki pants, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,750|
|Tuition Notes||A Mercy education is truly life changing, and a Mercy education is an investment in your daughter’s future. Mercy is able to maintain affordable tuition rates thanks to our generous donors: alumnae, families, and friends. Their contributions help bridge the gap between the actual cost of a Mercy education and the tuition we charge – saving each and every parent over $2,000 per student. COMPLETE TUITION RATES: $8,930 (grade 6), $11,530 (grades 7-8), $12,435 (grades 9-11), $12,750 (grade 12). Mercy’s robust scholarship and financial aid program awarded more than $1.5 million in 2018-2019 (80% of families who applied for aid received an award). We offer merit scholarships, need-based aid, and a multiple student tuition incentive. In 2019, more than $1,500,000 was given to families in financial assistance.|
|Admissions Director||Rose Feor Cooper '02|
|Admissions Associate||Alana Colaruotolo Caston '07|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
50 Clubs to choose from!
- Transforming Young Women into World Class Leaders
- Academics. Sisterhood. Support. These are just a few of the many reasons why Mercy was voted Rochester`s Best Private School by the Rochester Business Journal Reader Rankings Poll in 2018 and 2019. Earning this top spot year-after-year confirms what we`ve known for 90 years - Mercy`s collaborative, all-girl, compassionate environment transforms young women into confident leaders who are fully capable to play an active role in the world around them.
- Mercy Girls possess a moral compass, they are risk-takers, they demonstrate a growth mindset, they are globally-ready, they are resilient problem-solvers, and they are excellent communicators. But it`s not just these shared skills and attributes that bind our students, it is also the sense of sisterhood and support you won`t find in any other school.
- Mercy is a Roman Catholic school for young women in grades 6-12 offering a college preparatory academic program. Our school is a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy, founded by Catherine McAuley in 1831. We are part of a 58-member Mercy Education System of the Americas, and as such, are committed to the education of young women of all faiths and backgrounds.
- Since 1928, Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women has been a life changing experience for over 13,000 students. Countless friendships have been cultivated and stood the test of time because of Mercy`s powerful and caring sisterhood. There are so many stories of young women whose lives and careers reached the stars thanks to the academic and moral foundation they received at Mercy. Our goal is to provide students with the tools they need to experience academic excellence, spirituality, and lifelong success.
- Mercy`s academic curriculum is college preparatory. Over 70% of the student population participates in the athletics program as members of over 30 sports teams. Mercy students take part in many extracurricular activities, including clubs, student-led groups, and the performing arts. Ministry and service are integral parts of the Mercy experience. The traditions of Mercy date back to 1928 and include Spirit Week, Golden Mass, and May Day.
- Mercy alumnae are active with their alma mater, participating in reunions and fundraisers, and many become parents of Mercy students. Leadership on campus and in the community helps students achieve greatness in their college years and beyond.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: 6-12 | 726 students
1127 Dewey Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
(585) 254-2020 5.7 6-12
- Rochester Grades: 6-12 | 277 students
125 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
(585) 342-4000 4.2 6-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 500 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 442-1770 2.1 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 116 students
311 Flower City Park
Rochester, NY 14615
(585) 458-3786 5.7 PK-6