Our Lady Of Mercy School For Young Women
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 799 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,750
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Our Lady Of Mercy School For Young Women ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
(Uniform plaid skirts, khaki pants, polo shirts)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
50 Clubs to choose from!
- Transforming Young Women into World Class Leaders
- Academics. Sisterhood. Support. These are just a few of the many reasons why Mercy was voted Rochester`s Best Private School by the Rochester Business Journal Reader Rankings Poll in 2018 and 2019. Earning this top spot year-after-year confirms what we`ve known for 90 years - Mercy`s collaborative, all-girl, compassionate environment transforms young women into confident leaders who are fully capable to play an active role in the world around them.
- Mercy Girls possess a moral compass, they are risk-takers, they demonstrate a growth mindset, they are globally-ready, they are resilient problem-solvers, and they are excellent communicators. But it`s not just these shared skills and attributes that bind our students, it is also the sense of sisterhood and support you won`t find in any other school.
- Mercy is a Roman Catholic school for young women in grades 6-12 offering a college preparatory academic program. Our school is a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy, founded by Catherine McAuley in 1831. We are part of a 58-member Mercy Education System of the Americas, and as such, are committed to the education of young women of all faiths and backgrounds.
- Since 1928, Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women has been a life changing experience for over 13,000 students. Countless friendships have been cultivated and stood the test of time because of Mercy`s powerful and caring sisterhood. There are so many stories of young women whose lives and careers reached the stars thanks to the academic and moral foundation they received at Mercy. Our goal is to provide students with the tools they need to experience academic excellence, spirituality, and lifelong success.
- Mercy`s academic curriculum is college preparatory. Over 70% of the student population participates in the athletics program as members of over 30 sports teams. Mercy students take part in many extracurricular activities, including clubs, student-led groups, and the performing arts. Ministry and service are integral parts of the Mercy experience. The traditions of Mercy date back to 1928 and include Spirit Week, Golden Mass, and May Day.
- Mercy alumnae are active with their alma mater, participating in reunions and fundraisers, and many become parents of Mercy students. Leadership on campus and in the community helps students achieve greatness in their college years and beyond.
Endorse Our Lady Of Mercy School For Young Women. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards