Our Lady of the Rosary School, Paramount
Tel: (562)633-6360 Ext. 2
- Our Lady of the Rosary School opened in September of 1952 to provide a Catholic education for the children of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish.
- For almost 70 years, Our Lady of the Rosary School has fostered the spiritual and academic growth of thousands of children.
- Presently it ministers to 285 students from Preschool-8. The religious education goal is to foster personal growth into the image of Christ through living and worshipping in a supportive Christian community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please inquire for additional details|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$300|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$300/student or $240/student for two or more. Includes Breakfast.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,565|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a flexible tuition scale with financial assistance, scholarships, and incentives for eligible families. Furthermore, we have established a discounted sliding scale to support families with multiple children who are interested in pursuing Catholic education.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sharon Padilla|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, After School Enrichment Program, Altar Servers, Campus Ministry, Choir, Community Outreach, Homework Club, Leadership Conferences/Retreats, School Dances/Rallies, Social Service, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Cheer, Volleyball
- OLR welcomes Preschool to 8th Grade students of all faiths year-round with our open enrollment policy. We offer an affordable tuition scale with financial assistance opportunities and an excellent academic curriculum with diverse extracurricular activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
- We at Our Lady of the Rosary exist to serve God through educating and nurturing the whole child. We will be held accountable to our faith and loyalty through consistency, leadership, and service to Christ. Our goal as a community is to challenge our students and to instill a sense of direction, service, humility, and compassion.
- As members of the Christian community teaching in Our Lady of the Rosary School, we believe in the necessity of prayer, the importance of trust, the need to understand each child, to counsel and guide them with love, firmness, and understanding, to respect the sacredness of each child, and to maintain harmony, responsibility, unity, and support so that each student can achieve their full potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Grades: NS-8 | 328 students
10441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-9969 3.9 NS-8
- Downey Grades: K-8 | 328 students
12320 Paramount Blvd
Downey, CA 90242
(562)862-3210 2.1 K-8
- Lakewood Grades: NS-8 | 205 students
3601 Saint Pancratius Pl
Lakewood, CA 90712
(562)634-6310 2.8 NS-8
- Norwalk Grades: K-8 | 153 students
13817 Pioneer Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562)863-5721 4.5 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.