Park Maitland School
- The goal of our school is offer an exceptional program that upholds high academic standards with a commitment to teaching values, manners, and strength of character.
- Offering pre-kindergarten through grade 6, the school utilizes small class sizes, talented and creative teachers, and a departmentalized approach.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)|
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$300|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||629 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,150|
|Tuition Notes||15,800- Elem, 13,800- K5, 12,150- K4. 5% sibling discount.|
|Admissions Director||Kelsey Scott|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Speech & Debate; Spanish; Chess; Robotics; Reading
Arts and Music Programs:
piano; strings; glee; dance; ukulele; art; drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
tae kwon do; golf; swimming; yoga; cheer
- The intent of Park Maitland School is to provide a challenging course of study balanced with support for personal growth. We believe in building a strong sense of self-worth and social responsibility so that each individual may reach his highest potential. We believe that school is a place that should inspire responsibility for one's own education by promoting self-discipline, intellectual curiosity, and a life-long love of learning.
- Park Maitland School is known in the community and beyond for its challenging academics, its fine and performing arts, and its cadre of enrichment subjects and activities that help to mold the "whole" child. Children who attend the school learn not only math and reading, but, more than that, life skills and manners and important study habits and the meaning of giving. They learn to be leaders.Distinctions include the departmentalized program, small teacher/student ratio, and advanced curriculum materials. The academic program is renowned and age-appropriate. The school was founded upon academic excellence, and that remains its cornerstone today.We feel proud every time one of our students greets someone with beautiful manners and conversation skills. We love it when our students (at all grade levels) lead our school in assemblies or announcements. We are enchanted when they display kindness and patience with older citizens as well as little ones. We are extremely pleased when they achieve academically. We "pop our buttons" when our students go on to excel in middle and high school, in their careers, and in life! Mrs. Nell Cohen, along with the help of her husband, Mr. Bill Cohen, who concentrated in the founding years on the finance and facilities part of the school, laid a strong foundation on which we will continue to build. We plan to never lose sight of the beginning philosophies of our founders and the most important aspect of our school - the love of and respect for children.Park Maitland`s goal is to carry forward the vision of our founder -- Mrs. Nell Cohen -- of offering an exceptional program that upholds high academic standards with a commitment to teaching values, manners, and strength of character. We develop leadership skills in our young students that serve them well in their higher educational settings as well as in life! Park Maitland is proud of its engaging, family-centered environment of warmth and caring...and of our wonderful, young leaders!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winter Park Grades: PK-5 | 161 students
1776 Minnesota Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407)647-3624 1.9 PK-5
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.