Pathways School - Northwood At Hyattsville
- The Pathways School Norwood operate seven therapeutic educational programs in Maryland's Anne Arundel, Montgomery and Prince George's counties for students aged 9 through 21 who have emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Each school provides a unique, comprehensive, success-oriented alternative day program in a small family-oriented setting of not more than 40 students.
- Services at all seven programs include: individualized academic instruction, behavioral management programming, group instruction, crisis intervention, individual and group therapy and family support services.
- Transition support is provided as students return to public schools or enter the world of work.
- A comprehensive program of student activities, which include team sports, recreation, community service, field trips, outside speakers and character education is offered.
- In keeping with the Pathways mission, family activities are integrated into the school programs and include award presentations, holiday dinners, special social and athletic events and parent education workshops.
- Our goal is to enable students with emotional or behavioral disabilities to take responsibility for their lives and to become independent contributing members of our communities and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.