Pathways School - Northwood At Hyattsville
- The Pathways School Norwood operate seven therapeutic educational programs in Maryland's Anne Arundel, Montgomery and Prince George's counties for students aged 9 through 21 who have emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Each school provides a unique, comprehensive, success-oriented alternative day program in a small family-oriented setting of not more than 40 students.
- Services at all seven programs include: individualized academic instruction, behavioral management programming, group instruction, crisis intervention, individual and group therapy and family support services.
- Transition support is provided as students return to public schools or enter the world of work.
- A comprehensive program of student activities, which include team sports, recreation, community service, field trips, outside speakers and character education is offered.
- In keeping with the Pathways mission, family activities are integrated into the school programs and include award presentations, holiday dinners, special social and athletic events and parent education workshops.
- Our goal is to enable students with emotional or behavioral disabilities to take responsibility for their lives and to become independent contributing members of our communities and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?