Pathways School - Northwood At Hyattsville
- The Pathways School Norwood operate seven therapeutic educational programs in Maryland's Anne Arundel, Montgomery and Prince George's counties for students aged 9 through 21 who have emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Each school provides a unique, comprehensive, success-oriented alternative day program in a small family-oriented setting of not more than 40 students.
- Services at all seven programs include: individualized academic instruction, behavioral management programming, group instruction, crisis intervention, individual and group therapy and family support services.
- Transition support is provided as students return to public schools or enter the world of work.
- A comprehensive program of student activities, which include team sports, recreation, community service, field trips, outside speakers and character education is offered.
- In keeping with the Pathways mission, family activities are integrated into the school programs and include award presentations, holiday dinners, special social and athletic events and parent education workshops.
- Our goal is to enable students with emotional or behavioral disabilities to take responsibility for their lives and to become independent contributing members of our communities and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.