Pine Hill School/ Second Start Disabilities
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1974, SECOND START began offering a tutorial and diagnostic clinic to children with severe disabilities.
- In 1976, PINE HILL SCHOOL was added to provide a multi-disciplinary, academic and therapeutic program to learning disabled and emotionally troubled children in grades 1-12.
- Classes for adults were added in July 1988. As our program grew in the early 90's we began to branch out and provide services to at risk kids through our Community Development Department.
- In 2002 Second Start founded Advent Academy a charter school dedicated to providing Education to High School Student who are in a residential recovery program.
- In 2003 Second Start launched the Newton Learning Center an educational program specifically tailored for the educational advancement of students with Asperger and/or students on the upper end of the Autism spectrum.
- In 2007 Second Start founded The Newton Learning Center Reno to take this remarkably effective program to the students in the Reno and Northern Nevada.
- In 2009 Second Start's Pine Hill School received two high honors: Selection as a School of Excellence by The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) is one of the highest honors a private special education school can achieve through any professional association.
- The recognition is bestowed on private special education schools that meet rigorous professional criteria and have demonstrated truly exceptional dedication, commitment and achievement in the field of special education.
- Pine Hill School, a 35-year-old special education non-public school received Peter Batten from Australia's "The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust".
- Batten, a Churchill Fellow, is tasked with finding the best Autistic programs in the World.
- After detailed and extensive research for which he received his fellowship, he scheduled an in-person visit to those schools and programs across the globe that he found to be most effective in helping moderate- to high-functioning Autistic children.
- In December 2012, Second Start Thrift Shop was opened in Sparks, NV to provide work experience for Newton Learning Center students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Bryant|
People that viewed Pine Hill School/ Second Start Disabilities also viewed these schools: Skylar Hadden School.
Dear Sir/Madam I am a Chinese and my younger brother want to apply your school, grade 8. Can you provide boarding room for him? If not , can he live with me ? I am an adult and I have rented a room in South 6th Street, San Jose. Could you reply me at email@example.com?Thanks a lot , and hope to hear from you soon. Yours, Queennie Lei
- Posted by Parent - 18702
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017