San Mar Children's Home Inc
- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Grades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301)559-5500 54.5 9-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 315 students
901 Aisquith Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410)522-7800 58.4 9-12
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.