San Mar Children's Home Inc
Tel: (501) 733-9067
- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Grades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 559-5500 54.5 9-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 329 students
1300 E Northern Pkwy
Baltimore, MD 21239
(410) 433-8880 57.7 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.