- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
HyattsvilleGrades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
HagerstownGrades: KG-12 | 34 students
17618 Virginia Ave
Hagerstown, MD 21740
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.