San Mar Children's Home Inc
- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 543 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
HyattsvilleGrades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
HagerstownGrades: PK-12 | 207 students
12215 Walnut Pt W
Hagerstown, MD 21740
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?