San Mar Children's Home Inc
- In 1991, San Mar was licensed by the Department of Human Resources as a Licensed Child Placement Agency.
- Shortly thereafter, a program of Treatment Foster Care was begun as a means of initially providing nurturing and caring homes to girls no longer needing the high level of structure provided by the group home at San Mar Children Home.
- This quickly expanded to serve both boys, and younger girls who had never been in residential care.
- San Mar recruits, trains, licenses, supports, and encourages families willing to open their home and share their family with a child in need.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Grades: 9-12 | 9 students
4901 Eastern Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301)559-5500 54.5 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.