Judi Robinovitz, Certified Educational Planner, and her staff of educational consultants offer a high level of personalized college counseling students might not get in a traditional school. Since 1980, thousands of families have turned to us to help their children choose and apply to the â€œbest fitâ€ colleges that will foster their academic and social growth. In a nutshell, we teach our students how to truly distinguish themselves from other qualified applicants, thus increasing their potential for acceptance to their top-choice colleges.
Our students enjoy break-time snacks and lunch together. Friday lunches are traditionally in celebration of Hispanic culture -- with nothing but Spanish spoken at lunch. We've also had instrumental jam sessions and special project discussions during lunch.
- Score At The Top is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) as a Special Purpose K-12 School, which means we offer a full-time (or part-time) accredited private school opportunity to students who choose to learn in a 1-on-1 or small class setting.
- Score At The Top is also a member of the College Board.
- Some students attend our private school because they value the student/teacher mentoring experience that our 1-on-1 and small classroom environment provide. Others come to us when they hit a "bump in the road" or because their learning disability or ADD/ADHD (attention deficit disorder) has negatively impacted their schoolwork, and the traditional school setting is no longer working.
- We help them to refocus and stabilize their education, so they can eventually choose whether to re-enter a traditional classroom or continue with our unique school.
- Still others come to us to advance their education because they learn more quickly and easily than others their age.
- Bored in a regular classroom, they need an accelerated and challenging curriculum in order to stay on track and make progress.
- Whatever the reason, 1-on-1 and small class learning environments are fluid enough to meet the needs of any situation.
- To date, 100% of the students who have earned their high-school diplomas at Score At The Top have successfully continued their education in 4-year colleges.
- Score At The Top is also a full-service, comprehensive learning center offering motivational tutoring in all academic subjects; SAT, ACT, and FCAT preparation with proven score gains; and individualized college counseling by Judi Robinovitz, Certified Educational Planner. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Our Vision & MIssion To be the learning environment of choice. To provide expert support and guidance to students, inspiring their intellectual curiosity, and motivating them to academic success. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full range of support for students with learning disabilities and/or ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB & BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Economics (Macro & Micro), AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government (American & Comparative), AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is variable based primarily on the number of courses a student is taking, the number of students in the classroom and a student's need for special support services.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nicole Musick Robinson|
|Admissions Associate||Judi Robinovitz, Owner|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art club, Community service club, Computer club, Culinary Club, Garden Club, National Honor Society (NHS), Newspaper Club Art club, Computer club, Culinary Club, Garden Club, Newspaper Club, Community service club,
National Honor Society (NHS),
- Away from crowded classrooms, learners thrive in our personalized surroundings. A student discovers, analyzes, questions, and learns - all at a pace suited to her or his needs - led by our professional teaching staff in our signature classroom of one student with one teacher, or in a small classroom of up to six students. Our success in providing both small classroom and 1-on-1 accredited schooling to students is achieved through flexibility as well as breadth of services and courses.
- PRIVATE SCHOOLING WITH SCORE AT THE TOP - HOW DOES IT ALL WORK? The Director will work with you to determine your child's educational needs and then design an academic program, select the best classroom size and teachers, and establish a schedule to match those unique needs. A typical full-time student takes 4-5 core academic courses and up to 2 electives each semester, attending school five days/week for 20-30 hours/week, depending on the student`s educational needs. Some students, however, prefer to attend school four days/week, giving them more time to pursue other activities. We also create special programs for part-time students, such as a plan that combines independent study with scheduled class time (that works well for a motivated, high-achieving student) or one in which a student takes some classes at Score At The Top and other classes in a traditional school or on their own. Some students need a teacher for core curriculum classes but only need supervision for electives. One-on-one and small classroom schooling can also incorporate Florida Virtual School for some or all of the classes, with a Score At The Top teacher to successfully mentor the student through the curriculum. In this case, fewer contact hours may be needed
- .A 1-on-1 or small classroom education at Score At The Top means that your child will learn in a traditional teacher-student classroom setting with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION: he or she will receive an individualize education in a classroom of up to six students.! Your child will have teachers who specialize in each subject; together, they will follow a schedule of daily classes designed for your child.
- CURRICULUM - Score At The Top matches the curriculum to each student's specific learning style and personal goals. Because one curriculum does not fit all students, we will recommend the best one to fulfill your educational plan. We offer courses in all subject areas across all grade levels, from kindergarten through 12th grade, and at all educational levels, from remedial and regular to honors and Advanced Placement. Our AP curriculum and teaching staff have been certified by the College Board. In addition to Score At The Top's own curriculum, we have successfully used other accredited curricula, including student's previous or next school's curriculum: Florida public school Jupiter Christian School, Florida Virtual School, Brigham Young University, Calvert School, Keystone, University of Missouri, University of Nebraska, and others
- .WHAT'S A TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY LIKE? The school day can start as early or as late as necessary, based on the time of day when your child learns best, and taking outside activities into consideration. Some students have a short study hall following each class, while other students attend classes consecutively with short breaks between classes in order to be released earlier in the day. Some students have one study hall every day in order to reduce homework time at home. A popular option is early release on Fridays.
- WHEN CAN MY CHILD START SCHOOL AT SCORE AT THE TOP? We register students on a rolling basis throughout the year. In fact, it's not unusual to meet with a parent one day and start the student in classes a day or two later. We recognize the importance of continuity of education and set up a schedule to get the student started as soon as possible. You can follow any school's calendar or create your own calendar. This flexibility aids us in creating a successful education plan for your child. You, the parent, collaborate with us on a calendar that meets the needs of your child and family. A student can easily transition into a private or public school after studying at Score At The Top. We can even use the same curriculum as the school in which you plan to enroll your child so that the transition is seamless
- .WHO ARE OUR TEACHERS? We are degreed experts with extensive subject knowledge and significant teaching or tutoring experience. We possess a passion for teaching coupled with a thorough understanding of our subjects, expert study skills, and effective communication skills. Teaching that is based upon a student's unique learning style requires real expertise and we at Score At The Top have it. Because our learning community relies as much on our outgoing personalities as it does on our academic expertise, you'll find that our enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious. We truly engage a student in the learning process. Some of us are firm - keeping strict standards to maximize a student's performance; others are tender and nurturing - coaxing a student through difficult, sometimes anxiety-inducing work. Your child's personality and learning style will be matched with the teacher who is right for him or her. This will create the best environment for your child to excel. COME LEARN WITH US!
We are in the process of ACT Preparation for our daughter in the 11th grade. She has recently started with Score at Top and we are finding the experience to be highly positive. Her instructor is enthusiastic, caring and wants to assure our daughter's success. We are very happy with our decision to have Score at Top assist our daughter to improve her ACT scores.
- Posted by Parent - 11th Grade Student
I am very happy with Score at the Top. They were able to get my daughter caught up to her grade level. My daughter enjoys going to school and is thriving in this environment.
- Posted by Parent - Suzanne
We searched for years for a safe secure and understanding school for our son. A place he could thrive both academically and emotionally. Score has been that place! The teachers and the staff are amazing. He has several areas of needs and they have shown us that they have the full skill set to work with him. They are so positive and caring yet stern. No more calls about "your son". There's always a plan in place and it's how "we" are going to work through it. Never has the communication been so incredibly good. He went from supposedly 2 grades behind in the public school system to above grade preformance. You pay for what you get, Score is worth every penny! Our child is thriving beyond belief at Score Academy. Love love love them all.
- Posted by Parent - NPB PARENT
My wife and I found Score at the Top 8 years or so ago, for our daughter, who needed to complete her french requirement to graduate HS. Since that time we have use Score at the Top to help and prepare our two youngest boys for academic success. We are very please with the results, our daughter is a college graduate, the second boy is in college, and the youngest just got accepted to a top 50 high school magnet program in the United States, and #4 in the state of Florida. We are more then please and satisfied with Score at The Top.
- Posted by Parent - Gary Timmer
We found Score at the top 2 years ago while attending a college evening at my son's school. We spent the past two years ulitizeing the tutoring options that the school had to offer. This year we decided to "switch schools so that my child could attend Score at the Top as a full time student. I wish we had made this decision years ago. My child LOVES going to school, he does his homework without me have to ask him and he is engaged with the subjects he is taking. The teachers and the administration are top notch at this school, If you are on the fence about making a change, I would highly recommend checking them out. You will not regret it. I get feedback from his teachers after every session. The format they use will help prepare my child for college classes. My child fit right in with the other students and has made friends he will keep in touch with during his college years. I have nothing negative to say about this school. So stop what you are doing now and make an appointment to visit the school. Oh, one last item, they offer SAT and ACT prep classes which we plan on taking advantage of over the summer. After seeing how the school is run I am happy to pay for the 8 prep classes so that my child has a good opportunity to do well on his test.
- Posted by Parent - Family Comes First
Score Academy is a great place! Our daughter was struggling in main stream classes because of her anxiety and inability to keep up. But, she is really bright! Score has small classes or one-on-one teaching and her anxiety was greatly reduced. She loved the field trips and the hands-on approach to learning. We were very pleased with our time there and with the results!
- Posted by Parent - AddMom
Great stuff. College information and personal attention from Judi have been top notch. Spanish tutor is fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - Jorge
This school has been the perfect match for my son. He is getting a top notch education with supportive teachers and staff. I can't begin to thank them for everything they have done for my son.
- Posted by Parent - Proud mother
Score at the top is the best. My daughter loved the teachers and was always excited to go. The teachers were excellent and she returned to her regular school ahead of the curve. The management team went above and beyond to accommodate our schedule and our needs. The are the BEST!
- Posted by Parent - Lucy
Score at the Top has been a fabulous help this year with the college application process! As well As a extra source of help with tutoring and act prep! We highly recommend the Scire at The Top!
- Posted by Parent - W family
Score at the top has been great for both of my children. They have done a wonderful job accessing each one's strengths and weaknesses. They matched them up with tutors who fit their individual personalities and each of them increase their ACT scores. I highly recommend their services, very professional, honest, and helpful in the guidance of college testing.
- Posted by Parent - MCA
We are very pleased with our daughters improvement in honors Pre Calculus, since she began working with Yunling Zhang at score at the top. Her grade has boosted as well as her confidence in math! Yunling has given our daughter the tools to succeed in such a vigorous school. I would highly recommend score at the top for anyone who is looking for a professional tutoring establishment.... One that truly does care and is extremeky accommodating with schedules. What more could one ask for!
- Posted by Parent - Skmar
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.