Scottsdale Umc Cooperative Preschool & Kdgn
- Scottsdale United Methodist Cooperative Preschool and Kindergarten, established in 1965, is a non-profit, non-denominational, parent participation school.
- Parents participate as teachers assistants and observers in their childs classroom on a rotating basis.
- Research tells us the most influential factor in student acheivement is parental involvement in school.
- Most classes are part time from 9AM - 12 PM, 2 to 5 days per week.
- Children must be 2 to 6 years of age and fully potty trained.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $100-$315 monthly based on desired class|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kate S|
- curriculum is child centered and includes life skills, music, math, language, science, art, and much more
- Transitional Kindergarten class boasts individual attention and kindergarten preparation with certified master teacher
- qualified staff dedicated to working with families of young children
- extended care program from 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-1
9606 E Kalil Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480)451-3130 7.1 NS-1
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-K | 86 students
3130 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480)941-4094 1 NS-K
- Scottsdale Grades: NS | 69 students
6261 N. Granite Reef Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
(480)948-3606 2.4 NS
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.