Seven Rivers Christian School
Our gospel mission is a part of every aspect of our school culture, from the classroom, to the court, to the field.
Seven Rivers boasts an outstanding arts program that is comprised of opportunities in concert band, pep band, drama, graphic arts and design, honors art classes and AP art classes.
- Founded in 1988, Seven Rivers Christian School is a private Christian school serving students in grades Pre K-12. Seven Rivers Christian School exists in partnership with families to shape the hearts and minds of children with a distinctly biblical program of academic rigor, artistic beauty, and athletic competition. The vision of SRCS is to produce graduates who are passionate about God and His church and who are equipped to thrive in higher education, create healthy families, and bring the joy and peace of the gospel to a broken world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Department|
|Total Students||521 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP AM History, AP Art/Drawing, AP Calculus, AP English Language Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Recent European History, AP US Government, Dual Enrollment AML 2020, Dual Enrollment Comparative Religions REL 2300, Dual Enrollment ENC 1101, Dual Enrollment ENC 1102, Dual Enrollment MAC 1105, Honors Algebra II, Honors Economics, Honors English II, Honors English III, Honors Gemoetry I, Honors World History,|
|Average SAT score||1260|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K-2 $7403.00 Grades 3-5 $8063.00 Grades 6-8 $9295.00 Grades 9-12 $9746.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Donna Nelson|
|Admissions Associate||Margaret Whitchurch|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art, Chapel Praise Team, Chess Club, Drama Club, Interact Club, International Club, Intramural Bible Quiz, National Honor Society (NHS), National Junior Honor Society, Peer Tutoring, Robotics Team, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Student Spirit Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Kick Ball, Intramural Volleyball, Intraumral Soccer, National Honor Society
- We believe that parents hold primary responsibility for the education of their children and that the role of the school is to assist them. SRCS desires to work closely with families and to be active partners with parents throughout the process of teaching students biblical truth. The essential foundation of Christian education is that true knowledge comes from our Creator. Knowledge begins with an understanding of who God is and who we are in relation to Him.
- A Christ-centered education introduces the learner to every academic subject with the understanding that there is a God and that He is integrally involved with His creation. There is no such thing as religious neutrality in education. The very nature of education dictates that schools will inherently communicate some particular belief system. Seven Rivers Christian School communicates that God is the source of all truth. Unlike schools that exclude God from the equation and communicate that He is at best irrelevant to truth--or possibly that He does not exist at all and man determines his own truth--we believe that truth is absolute, is unchanging, is independent of the norm, and is knowable. Therefore, education at Seven Rivers is defined by a pursuit of that truth through knowing God Himself and understanding the world He created.
- Education establishes a student`s worldview--the filter through which he or she views, processes, and understands the world. One effect of receiving an education in an environment that separates faith from learning is that we become conditioned to think categorically about the world, thinking in terms of the "spiritual" and the "secular" and thus compartmentalizing God. This type of thinking can be so subtle that we are often not even aware of how pervasive it is. We find it difficult to think "Christianly" about all areas of life because we`ve been left with a faulty and incomplete worldview. At Seven Rivers, however, faith and learning are not separated.
- Biblical truth is not reserved for Bible class, but is integrated into every subject, helping students develop a thorough and complete biblical worldview. Learning is imperfect and insufficient without an understanding of who God is--that He is the source of all truth, that He is intimately connected with all creation, and that He has a plan of redemption for His creation. The chief end of man is to glorify God. And by imparting a knowledge of this world and a knowledge of the God who created it, we strive to produce students who, in the depths of their spirits and in every situation, will glorify God.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- InvernessGrades: PK-12 | 142 students
4222 S Florida Ave
Inverness, FL 34450
- Beverly HillsGrades: PK-8 | 87 students
6150 N Lecanto Hwy
Beverly Hills, FL 34465
- Crystal RiverGrades: K-12 | 34 students
718 Nw 1st Ave
Crystal River, FL 34428
- LecantoGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
4341 W Homosassa Trl
Lecanto, FL 34461
- DunnellonGrades: NS-12 | 163 students
20831 Powell Rd
Dunnellon, FL 34431
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.