St. Columbkille School was established in 1923 by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and originally staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.Our mission is to educate the whole student, guiding each one, by modeling the Gospel values, to understand who they are as God`s children and citizens of the world.
Our goal is to create leaders of tomorrow by challenging students to excel in all aspects of education.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 251 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,075
- Average class size: 32 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Columbkille School`s curriculum is aligned to the standards of the state of California and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Instruction is given in the core areas of Religion, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts. Classes in physical education are given weekly. Through a partnership with Counseling Partners of Los Angeles, counselors completing their clinical hours, are on site four days a week to help students with study skills, conflict resolution skills, or emotional stresses that may affect their grades and/or behavior.Extra-curricular activities are provided in the areas of: academics, digital media arts, drama, sports, and leadership.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Columbkille Continuation School cost?
St. Columbkille Continuation School's tuition is approximately $3,075 for private students.
What sports does St. Columbkille Continuation School offer?
St. Columbkille Continuation School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer and Volleyball.
What is St. Columbkille Continuation School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Columbkille Continuation School?
The application deadline for St. Columbkille Continuation School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Saint Columbkille is a great school. A diamond in the ruff. I am proud that one of my class mates works there and has been doing an outstanding job changing lives. Keep up the fantastic work Rosalva Escobedo! St. Columbkille number 1
St. Columbkille is a great place to learn! I am in the 8th grade and my two sisters are in the 7th and 1st grades. We all love it here and everyone is nice. No drama, the teachers really care, and just about everyone here is really smart. They offer morning and afterschool daycare and library, girls'' and boys''- soccer, basketball; co-ed spring and winter musicals, academic decathlon, student council, math club, and two reading clubs, title 1 for math and reading, volleyball, and tackle football. The school year is divided into four quarters when you can receive principal's award, perfect attendance, or honor roll. We get progress reports halfway through each quarter and report cards. In junior high, we also receive conduct cards at the end of each week to show parents how well we are bahaving and if we complete all our work. At the end of the school year, each class validictorian and salutatorian receive medals to congratulate them. Almost everyone graduates except maybe just one student and learning really is fun here! I love it and hope to send my kids here one day.
Endorse St. Columbkille Continuation School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.