5.00 (4 reviews)
- St. Francis Xavier is a preschool through eighth grade elementary school, dedicated to educating our diverse ethnic and socio-economic student population in partnership with family, Church, and community in a Catholic environment.
- Holistic development of the individual is guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church and promoted in a spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, and social environment that emphasizes service to others.
- At St. Francis Xavier we believe that love is the central Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- We define love as any activity that makes us grow.
- We view love in three different dimensions: Love of God, Love of Others, Love of Self.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please inquire for tuition assistance.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Academy, Band, Choir, Student Leadership Council Band, Choir, After School Academy,
Student Leadership Council,
- Saint Fraincis Xavier School provides one class for each grade level. This is the advantage of being a small school, our teachers know every student individually. Such attention to the spiritual, academic, and social well being of each child creates an environment where children discover their inherent gifts and gain confidence in themselves. Parents and teachers together foster the loving yet challenging environment for our children to grow in faith, knowledge, wisdom, and compassion. This is the SFX difference - we are a close-knit community of faculty, alumni and families dedicated to nurturing our students, fostering strong home and school relationships and academic excellence, rooted in God`s love for all. We believe that the spiritual, academic, and social aspects of every child form the foundation for their lifetime.If you are looking for a place to start your child in pre-school or for a new place of learning where your child can thrive, please schedule a tour to meet us in person. Our door is open to all. Come see for yourself why everyone says, "I love this community."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Salt Lake CityGrades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 701020
Salt Lake City, UT 84170
SandyGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
1815 E 9800 S
Sandy, UT 84092
Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 221 students
1065 E 700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-12 | 918 students
720 Guardsman Way and 843 S Lincoln Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-12 | 36 students
825 N 300 W Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
SFX has a dedicated and experienced faculty and staff devoted to providing a high quality education within a Christian environment. The school has recently had extensive renovations to upgrade classrooms and to make use of state of the art technology. I feel fortunate that my three children have been able to attend this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Marc Cremer
I want my son to go to SFX because education, morals and values are important to us and we feel confident that he will get all of those at SFX. (from a parent/alumna)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - T. Stitzer
St. Francis is an amazing school! I see a huge improvement in my children vs previous years in public school. The small class sizes, one on one attention, and the personalized way of teaching shows. We are so happy we decided to make he switch!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We initially looked at around 20 preschools when it was time for our son to start school. Once we had visited St. Francis nothing else compared. We initially thought we would send our kids to pre-school and pre-k and then switch to charter schools. After about a month at the school it became very clear to us that we would not be taking our kid anywhere else. We were and continue to be committed to sending our kids to St. Francis through 8th grade. We have now been at the school for four years and I cannot even begin to say enough good things about it. The teachers and faculty are amazing and have always been willing to go the extra mile if any child at the school need additional assistance or guidance. We love the staff, parents and children at the school and are extremely grateful to be part of the St. Francis community.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 1st Grader and Kindergartner
July 16, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?