St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
St. Francis Xavier is a preschool through eighth grade elementary school, dedicated to educating our diverse ethnic and socio-economic student population in partnership with family, Church, and community in a Catholic environment.
Holistic development of the individual is guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church and promoted in a spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, and social environment that emphasizes service to others.
At St. Francis Xavier we believe that love is the central Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
We define love as any activity that makes us grow.
We view love in three different dimensions: Love of God, Love of Others, Love of Self.
- Top Ranked UT School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 256 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Vicky Simpson, Science Faculty Awarded 2016 NCEA Lead, Learn, Proclaim Award. - 04/30/2016NCEA is pleased to present the 2016 Lead. Leam. Proclaim. Awards to 32 individuals and organizations for dedication and commitment to excellence in Catholic school education.The teachers, principals, pastors, presidents, superintendents and organizations who serve in the nation's Catholic education system, were recognized during the annual NCEA 2016 Convention & Expo in San Diego. This annual award honors those who have demonstrated a strong Catholic educational philosophy as well as exceptional ability, dedication and results.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please inquire for tuition assistance.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
After School Academy, Student Leadership Council
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Academy, Student Leadership Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Saint Fraincis Xavier School provides one class for each grade level. This is the advantage of being a small school, our teachers know every student individually. Such attention to the spiritual, academic, and social well being of each child creates an environment where children discover their inherent gifts and gain confidence in themselves. Parents and teachers together foster the loving yet challenging environment for our children to grow in faith, knowledge, wisdom, and compassion. This is the SFX difference - we are a close-knit community of faculty, alumni and families dedicated to nurturing our students, fostering strong home and school relationships and academic excellence, rooted in God`s love for all. We believe that the spiritual, academic, and social aspects of every child form the foundation for their lifetime.If you are looking for a place to start your child in pre-school or for a new place of learning where your child can thrive, please schedule a tour to meet us in person. Our door is open to all. Come see for yourself why everyone says, "I love this community."
Profile last updated: 04/28/2021
This year and the last year are my son's first try at a private school and it has been the best thing we could have ever done for him and his education. He is slowly becoming a respectful young gentleman. His grades have gone from F's to A's and B's. He is learning to be responsible and a hard worker, and to be more considerate with others. Thank you to all the school staff for your patience and effort.
My husband and I visited and researched pre-school programs all over the valley before deciding to go to St. Francis Xavier. My son started in the 3-year-old class and my daughter in the 4-year-old class. Wow! Mrs. Long and Mrs. Z are amazing! I have no idea how they do what they do, but they are excellent. My kids learned so much from them. They made great friends, learned about God, and both of them were reading and speaking basic Spanish and sign-language by kindergarten. The school also has an amazing before/after school childcare program. It's so convenient and affordable for our family; no hassle trying to arrange transportation to daycare. Also, kids get help with their homework so when they come home we can all just enjoy our time together. Now that my kids are older, they've enjoyed sports and music. My daughter receives private piano lessons for a fraction of the cost for her to go to a music school. The school has 2 playgrounds; one of which is brand new! They are also building a small garden space for learning. They have state-of-the art apple computer labs and a fairly new library that is packed full of great literature. Awesome place to go to school!
This school has what most school lack now days. A great sense of community, diversity of students, closeness of the parents and faculty to help keep the school running at it's best. The best teachers always making sure each student rises to their abilities.
St. Francis Xavier School is a such a wonderful school. Not only do they give you that reassurance your child will be taken care of academically, but on a personal level as well. They take the time to help each child individual as needed.
St. Francis is an excellent school. My son loves his teachers & I love the small classes.
SFX has a dedicated and experienced faculty and staff devoted to providing a high quality education within a Christian environment. The school has recently had extensive renovations to upgrade classrooms and to make use of state of the art technology. I feel fortunate that my three children have been able to attend this wonderful school.
I want my son to go to SFX because education, morals and values are important to us and we feel confident that he will get all of those at SFX. (from a parent/alumna)
St. Francis is an amazing school! I see a huge improvement in my children vs previous years in public school. The small class sizes, one on one attention, and the personalized way of teaching shows. We are so happy we decided to make he switch!
We initially looked at around 20 preschools when it was time for our son to start school. Once we had visited St. Francis nothing else compared. We initially thought we would send our kids to pre-school and pre-k and then switch to charter schools. After about a month at the school it became very clear to us that we would not be taking our kid anywhere else. We were and continue to be committed to sending our kids to St. Francis through 8th grade. We have now been at the school for four years and I cannot even begin to say enough good things about it. The teachers and faculty are amazing and have always been willing to go the extra mile if any child at the school need additional assistance or guidance. We love the staff, parents and children at the school and are extremely grateful to be part of the St. Francis community.
Endorse St. Francis Xavier Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.