St. John Catholic School
'Be faithful in small things because it is in them your strength lies.' ... St. TeresaWe are proud to offer Pre-K4 full day and half-day options.
We incorporate technology into our daily curriculum and are proud to offer 1:1 Ipads for all students in Grades 5-8. NEW Innovative Technology Lab launches this Fall!Total Ipads 192. We are Google and Microsoft certified, so each child has unlimited access to both suites. (Much homework and classwork is completed via Google Docs). We are equipped with multiple 3D printers.
Christ-Centered Learning, Christ-Modeled LoveWe provide the framework through our curriculum, our nurturing faculty and administration, to develop leaders and citizens dedicated to their faith and service to their community.
We offer many extracurricular activites: clubs and sports recreational activities offered to our students.
We offer Vex Robotics and Lego Robotics Clubs to our Middle School Students. This past year, our LEGO and VEX teams competed in various Regional, State and National competitions and placed in all!
Our 2nd Grade Students won the BGE 'Wires Down' Award including a $1000.00 Grant for our School. Congrats!
As Citizens of the Community we serve, St. John School raised over $4000.00 for the Winds of Change 'Cool Kids' Campaign with Meteorologist, Justin Berk.
- St. John Catholic School offers a vibrant, faith-based academic environment for students in Pre-School through Grade 8.
- Guided by St. John Catholic School's core principles of Christ-centered learning and Christ-modeled love, students are taught to embrace Catholic values as they develop into educated community-minded citizens.
- With our technology-rich curriculum, we are proud to provide 1:1 ipads for ALL students grades 5-8 and over 190 ipads total, state of the art 3D printers and are Google and Microsoft certified.
- We are adding an Innovation Lab for the Fall of 17-18 as well as a Robotics course as we continue to evolve and elevate our curriculum as we prepare our students for future success.
- Our dynamic academic curriculum applies current technology and learning strategies to obtain a high level of achievement from its students.
- Our exceptional faculty and staff are dedicated to making our students' academic and spiritual development their number one priority.
- Our graduates are well-prepared for a bright future using the skills and principles learned at St. John Catholic School to become engaged academic, business and community leaders.
- We offer numerous Athletic and Extracurricular Activities to our students including Robotics, Lego Robotics, Lego's, Art Club, Running Club, Equestrian Club, CYO co-ed Basketball and many more.
- A tradition for over 150 years, St. John Catholic School is guided by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- St. John Catholic School's solid academic curriculum has been developed in concert with the Archdiocesan course of study and regulations of the Maryland State Department of Education.
- We nuture and guide our students as we prepare them to be future leaders and disciples.
- St. John Catholic School is situated on the thirty acre Carroll County campus of St. John Catholic Church, located at 45 Monroe Street in Westminster, Maryland.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(St. John School uniform/ gym uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,275|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available. Multi-student discounts. Parishioner and non-parishioner rates. Welcome Grants and Referral Grants offered|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dianne Wrobel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Track and FieldBasketball, Equestrian,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Lego Club, Lego Robotics Club, Robotics Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Basketball, Equestrian Club, Running Clu
- Saint John School is a Catholic, co-educational elementary (Pre-K-8) school of St. John Roman Catholic Church. We offer a warm and caring enviornment to each of our students. St. John School provides an education rooted in the Roman Catholic faith. This education is grounded in proven academic methodologies and balances personal development with responsibility towards others. The gospel calls us to enkindle our student's spiritual, intellectual, and physical capabilites for the greater honor and glory of God. We believe our students are the future of the church; therefore, we commit to this purpose.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestminsterGrades: PK-12 | 308 students
550 Baltimore Blvd
Westminster, MD 21157
- HanoverGrades: K-8 | 428 students
55 Basilica Drive
Hanover, PA 17331
- FinksburgGrades: PK-12 | 400 students
2500 Old Westminster Pike
Finksburg, MD 21048
- WestminsterGrades: PK-8 | 27 students
324 Crest Lane
Westminster, MD 21157
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.