St. John Catholic School
St. John Catholic School Photo #2 - Technology is infused throughout our curriculum. Grades 5 through 8 provide in school IPads for every student and Grades Pre-K through 4 have access to Ipads, 3D printers and desktops.
St. John Catholic School Photo #3 - Our "Prayer Partners" encourage mentorship, character and faith building by example. We partner our younger children with Middle School students to mentor and teach our young children how to serve, pray and learn, all while building lasting friendships.
St. John Catholic School Photo #4 - Our Pre-School program nurtures and educates children ages 3 to 5 years old. We blend faith with a rich, engaging, technology and kinesthetic infused curriculum. Our dynamic teachers are nurturing, caring, fun and prepare your children for Kindergarten. They are dedicated to developing the entire child; mind, body and spirit.
- St. John Catholic School offers a vibrant, faith-based academic environment for students in Pre-School through Grade 8.
- Guided by St. John Catholic School's core principles of Christ-centered learning and Christ-modeled love, students are taught to embrace Catholic values as they develop into educated community-minded citizens.
- With our technology-rich curriculum, we are proud to provide 1:1 ipads for ALL students grades 5-8 and over 190 ipads total, state of the art 3D printers and are Google and Microsoft certified.
- We are adding an Innovation Lab for the Fall of 17-18 as well as a Robotics course as we continue to evolve and elevate our curriculum as we prepare our students for future success.
- Our dynamic academic curriculum applies current technology and learning strategies to obtain a high level of achievement from its students.
- Our exceptional faculty and staff are dedicated to making our students' academic and spiritual development their number one priority.
- Our graduates are well-prepared for a bright future using the skills and principles learned at St. John Catholic School to become engaged academic, business and community leaders.
- We offer numerous Athletic and Extracurricular Activities to our students including Robotics, Lego Robotics, Lego's, Art Club, Running Club, Equestrian Club, CYO co-ed Basketball and many more.
- A tradition for over 150 years, St. John Catholic School is guided by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- St. John Catholic School's solid academic curriculum has been developed in concert with the Archdiocesan course of study and regulations of the Maryland State Department of Education.
- We nuture and guide our students as we prepare them to be future leaders and disciples.
- St. John Catholic School is situated on the thirty acre Carroll County campus of St. John Catholic Church, located at 45 Monroe Street in Westminster, Maryland.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Literature, Algebra I,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(St. John School uniform/ gym uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,475|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available. Welcome Grants and Referral Grants offered.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dianne Wrobel|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Equestrian, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Drama Club, Lego Club, Lego Robotics Club, Robotics Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
cross country running, CYO Basketball, Equestrian Club, Running Clu
- Saint John School is a Catholic, co-educational elementary (Pre-K3 through 8) school of St. John Roman Catholic Church. We offer a warm and caring enviornment to each of our students. St. John School provides an education rooted in the Roman Catholic faith. This education is grounded in proven academic methodologies and balances personal development with responsibility towards others. The gospel calls us to enkindle our student's spiritual, intellectual, and physical capabilites for the greater honor and glory of God. We believe our students are the future of the church; therefore, we commit to this purpose.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westminster Grades: 3-8 | 9 students
324 Crest Lane
Westminster, MD 21157
(410)840-4240 2.8 3-8
- Bel Air Grades: PK-8 | 680 students
205 N Hickory Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410)879-1113 34.4 PK-8
- Hanover Grades: K-8 | 428 students
55 Basilica Drive
Hanover, PA 17331
(717)632-8715 16.4 K-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.