St. John Neumann Catholic High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (239) 455-3044
- We are committed to providing a rigorous college preparatory education rooted in the Gospel values and philosophy of St. John Bosco. Our Salesian philosophy is infused into all aspects of our curriculum and athletics, setting us apart from other schools. We are a home that welcomes; a church that gives meaning; a school that prepares for life; a playground where all are celebrated. Our smaller environment enables us to truly know each student and support them on their path to college readiness and life beyond. Known for our personalized College Advisory program, we begin freshman year and include both students and parents.
- Our 1:1 iPad initiative incorporates technology into every aspect of our students` education, serving as a platform for mastering skills students will need in college.
- We are creating a unique, individualized learning environment that prepares students to positively impact the world with faith, integrity, intelligence, personal accountability, joy and selfless service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Extra time, mild learning disabilities only|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Capstone, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Human Geography, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Psychology, AP Research, AP Seminar, AP Spanish Language, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki shorts/pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||Registration Fee - $500 Student Fees - $660|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathy Sanderson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Key Club, Mock Trial competition, Model UN, National Honor Society, Peer Ministry, Phi Mu, Scholar Bowl, Spanish Club, Student House Council, Y.A.C.H.T. Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Concert Band, Drama Club, Jazz Band, Music Ministry, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Off Season Athletic Conditioning
- Neumann is a small, faith-based, college preparatory school. We have students who come from many different counties in the area.
- Our 1:1 iPad program integrates technology into every aspect of our curriculum, expanding the classroom beyond the campus limits and building digital skill sets that students will need for college and beyond.
- We are known for our 1:1 College Advisory program, and begin freshman year to educate and assist both students and parents on a successful path to college readiness. Advising continues through the college application and scholarship seeking process. Our goal is for students to gain acceptance to the school of their choice.
- Faith formation and community service are an integral part of our daily lives and curriculum. Peer ministry retreats, iServe community service days and weekly masses on campus all contribute to supporting our students' desire and ability to live their faith and serve others.
- Our Music and Drama programs are very robust for a small school: 30% of students participate in music programs, 20% in drama. We have concert band, jazz band, music ministry ensemble and choir -- all perform and compete multiple times throughout the year.
- Celtic athletic teams are very competitive and are led by coaches who hold true to the mission and values of the school. We support and encourage students to be multi-sport athletes, if they desire. We provide off season conditioning and trainers to keep athletes strong and in good health year- round.
- Our students are very active on campus, all are in clubs, athletics, music, drama or some combination of extracurriculars.
- Faculty hold office hours every day after school. Students can stop in for special assistance on assignments or projects before heading to clubs or athletics.
- Our SAT & ACT scores are 43% higher than the Florida average. The top 25% of our class average 1360 on the SAT and 31 on the ACT.
- 83% of our students taking AP exams score 3 or better.
- 100% percent of our students are accepted to a four-year college.
- Our senior class is awarded $7 - $10 million in scholarships & grants each year.
- Neumann prepares our students for now, tomorrow...and forever...with an education that develops the mind & body, and strengthens the moral compass that will guide students for life.
- For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact our Director of Admissions at (239)455-3044 x 201 or email email@example.com. More information is also available on our school website sjnceltics.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Grades: PK-8 | 490 students
10900 SW 24th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 332-8808 243.2 PK-8
As a student I can tell you that I LOVE GOING TO NEUMANN!! I know that all the teachers care about us and are always happy to help. The school has an unbelievable sense of unity within the student body! :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ml.ge
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?