St Joseph Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Joseph Catholic School exists to foster four basic purpose of Catholic education: the teaching of Catholic Doctrine, the teaching of academic, the building of community, and the witnessing of Christ by service to others.
- At St. Joseph School both children and adults strive to uphold the dignity of all human life.
- We believe that every human is a unique creation of God, made in his image and likeness.
- Here all are committed to the total growth and development of each child.
- They look to foster the children's intellectual process as well as their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical maturity.
- St. Joseph School believes that each of these areas is interconnected and that each must be given adequate attention and encouragement for the complete education of its students.
- To accomplish these goals, the school must provide a safe and nurturing enviornemnt where the staff utilizes multiple techniques and strategies to further the students' academic and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Battle of the Books, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, interact/Rotary Club, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Oratorical Club, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chime Choir, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Basketball, CYO Cheerleading, CYO Tennis, CYO Track and Field, Volleyball
- Passes on the faith by word and example.....
- Christ-filled environment for learning,
- Catholic doctrine,
- Opportunities for service,
- Daily prayer,
- Weekly student Mass,
- Sacramental instruction,
- Altar Servers
- Fosters intellectual progress.....
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award,
- Composite scores in the top 10% of the nation on the Terra Nova Standardized Test,
- Accreditation by the Virginia Catholic Education Association,
- Curriculum set forth by the Arlington Diocese,
- World Language - Spanish,
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Honors Algebra,
- Physical Education, Computers, Library, Art, and Music
- Provides a safe setting.....
- Modernized, expanded campus,
- High-tech security system,
- Contemporary playground,
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom,
- Enhanced media center,
- Fully equipped science lab,
- State-of-the-art computer lab,
- Fine arts activities rooms,
- High school regulation gymnasium
- Encourages Family Involvement.....
- Volunteer Opportunities,
- Parent Teacher Organization,
- Community events
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: K-8 | 427 students
21370 St Theresa Ln
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703)729-3577 6.9 K-8
- Reston Grades: NS-7 | 184 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
(703)476-7477 4 NS-7
St. Joseph School is a faith-filled, safe, nurturing, engaging and innovative learning environment where "Every Child Deserves Great Moments". Come experience for yourself "Catholic Education At Its Best!" *Steeped in Catholic Values *Shaped by a Cohesive Program of Studies *Committed to Educating the Whole Child *Sustained by Service to others *Recognized S.T.E.M. School *Established Robotics Laboratory *Initiated Student iPad Program *Integrated Creative Fine Arts Program *Secured and Safe Educational Setting *Modernized Expanded Campus
- Posted by Administrator - cconr
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.