St Joseph Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Joseph Catholic School exists to foster four basic purpose of Catholic education: the teaching of Catholic Doctrine, the teaching of academic, the building of community, and the witnessing of Christ by service to others.
- At St. Joseph School both children and adults strive to uphold the dignity of all human life.
- We believe that every human is a unique creation of God, made in his image and likeness.
- Here all are committed to the total growth and development of each child.
- They look to foster the children's intellectual process as well as their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical maturity.
- St. Joseph School believes that each of these areas is interconnected and that each must be given adequate attention and encouragement for the complete education of its students.
- To accomplish these goals, the school must provide a safe and nurturing enviornemnt where the staff utilizes multiple techniques and strategies to further the students' academic and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||557 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Battle of the Books, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, interact/Rotary Club, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Oratorical Club, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chime Choir, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Basketball, CYO Cheerleading, CYO Tennis, CYO Track and Field, Volleyball
- Passes on the faith by word and example.....
- Christ-filled environment for learning,
- Catholic doctrine,
- Opportunities for service,
- Daily prayer,
- Weekly student Mass,
- Sacramental instruction,
- Altar Servers
- Fosters intellectual progress.....
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award,
- Composite scores in the top 10% of the nation on the Terra Nova Standardized Test,
- Accreditation by the Virginia Catholic Education Association,
- Curriculum set forth by the Arlington Diocese,
- World Language - Spanish,
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Honors Algebra,
- Physical Education, Computers, Library, Art, and Music
- Provides a safe setting.....
- Modernized, expanded campus,
- High-tech security system,
- Contemporary playground,
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom,
- Enhanced media center,
- Fully equipped science lab,
- State-of-the-art computer lab,
- Fine arts activities rooms,
- High school regulation gymnasium
- Encourages Family Involvement.....
- Volunteer Opportunities,
- Parent Teacher Organization,
- Community events
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: K-8 | 423 students
21370 St. Theresa Lane
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703)729-3577 6.9 K-8
- Reston Grades: NS-7 | 184 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
(703)476-7477 4 NS-7
St. Joseph School is a faith-filled, safe, nurturing, engaging and innovative learning environment where "Every Child Deserves Great Moments". Come experience for yourself "Catholic Education At Its Best!" *Steeped in Catholic Values *Shaped by a Cohesive Program of Studies *Committed to Educating the Whole Child *Sustained by Service to others *Recognized S.T.E.M. School *Established Robotics Laboratory *Initiated Student iPad Program *Integrated Creative Fine Arts Program *Secured and Safe Educational Setting *Modernized Expanded Campus
- Posted by Administrator - cconr
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.