St Mary's Academy
Tel: (315) 635-3977
- A Middle States Accredited School, St. Mary's Academy is home to Pre-K 3 to Grade 6 students.
- Our teachers are all NYS certified and the vast majority hold advanced degrees in eduation.
- Catholic teachings are emphasized as well as character education, good values and good decision making.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(casual in spring and early fall)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,515|
|Tuition Notes||280 fundraising fee..no active fundraising|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Code Club, Karate
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Dance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are proud of our Catholic School and proud to be able to share Jesus’s teachings with our young children. We are an important part of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish and the Diocese of Syracuse. For over 63 years, St. Mary’s Academy has continued the tradition of providing academic excellence in a Catholic, faith filled community.Accredited by the Middle States Association, our school educates students that consistently demonstrate superior academic achievement as evidenced by our students’ above-average scores on New York State Standardized tests. Our teachers all are New York State certified and hold advanced degrees in education. We also have a New York State certified special education teacher on staff to provide academic support in reading and mathematics. Speech/language services are also provided through the Baldwinsville School District, if warranted.In addition to our strong academic program, we offer music, art, physical education, chorus, technology and library education. Some of our extra-curricular activities include band, basketball, art club, Drug Quiz team, technology code club, karate, and dance for our younger students.Our school day is enriched with Gospel values in every class. Jesus is the focus of all that we do. We have a character education program and a different virtue is emphasized each month. We engage in many community service projects and the first Friday of each month we celebrate Mass as a school community. We gather as a school community each Monday for prayer. This helps our students live a faith-filled life as disciples of Jesus.St. Mary’s Academy is committed to academic excellence, faith formation and service to others. We look forward to having you become part of our St. Mary’s Academy family because “we are large enough to offer your children a world of opportunity, but small enough to do it right.” Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and our website at www.smabville.org. We also have a mobile app through Glyph Mobile.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Syracuse Grades: PK-6 | 352 students
411 S Main St
Syracuse, NY 13212
(315) 458-6036 10.1 PK-6
- Baldwinsville Grades: PK-6 | 153 students
12 E. Oneida Street
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
(315) 635-1818 8.4 PK-6
- Fayetteville Grades: PK-6 | 218 students
400 Salt Springs St
Fayetteville, NY 13066
(315) 637-3961 19.1 PK-6
- Syracuse Grades: 7-12 | 732 students
6245 Randall Rd
Syracuse, NY 13214
(315) 446-5960 15.3 7-12
- Syracuse Grades: PK-12 | 350 students
5300 Jamesville Rd
Syracuse, NY 13214
(315) 446-2452 16.1 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.