St Mary's Academy
- A Middle States Accredited School, St. Mary's Academy is home to Pre-K 3 to Grade 6 students.
- Our teachers are all NYS certified and the vast majority hold advanced degrees in eduation.
- Catholic teachings are emphasized as well as character education, good values and good decision making.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(casual in spring and early fall)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,515|
|Tuition Notes||280 fundraising fee..no active fundraising|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Code Club, Karate
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Dance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are proud of our Catholic School and proud to be able to share Jesus’s teachings with our young children. We are an important part of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish and the Diocese of Syracuse. For over 63 years, St. Mary’s Academy has continued the tradition of providing academic excellence in a Catholic, faith filled community.Accredited by the Middle States Association, our school educates students that consistently demonstrate superior academic achievement as evidenced by our students’ above-average scores on New York State Standardized tests. Our teachers all are New York State certified and hold advanced degrees in education. We also have a New York State certified special education teacher on staff to provide academic support in reading and mathematics. Speech/language services are also provided through the Baldwinsville School District, if warranted.In addition to our strong academic program, we offer music, art, physical education, chorus, technology and library education. Some of our extra-curricular activities include band, basketball, art club, Drug Quiz team, technology code club, karate, and dance for our younger students.Our school day is enriched with Gospel values in every class. Jesus is the focus of all that we do. We have a character education program and a different virtue is emphasized each month. We engage in many community service projects and the first Friday of each month we celebrate Mass as a school community. We gather as a school community each Monday for prayer. This helps our students live a faith-filled life as disciples of Jesus.St. Mary’s Academy is committed to academic excellence, faith formation and service to others. We look forward to having you become part of our St. Mary’s Academy family because “we are large enough to offer your children a world of opportunity, but small enough to do it right.” Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and our website at www.smabville.org. We also have a mobile app through Glyph Mobile.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SyracuseGrades: PK-6 | 427 students
411 S Main St
Syracuse, NY 13212
- SyracuseGrades: 7-12 | 732 students
6245 Randall Rd
Syracuse, NY 13214
- SyracuseGrades: PK-6 | 270 students
201 Roxboro Rd
Syracuse, NY 13211
- BaldwinsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 99 students
7312 Van Buren Road
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
- SyracuseGrades: K-12 | 239 students
3740 Midland Ave
Syracuse, NY 13205
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.