St Marys High School
Tel: (410) 990-4211
- Charged by the Church to teach the faith, St. Mary's cultivates your interests in this dynamic Catholic learning community.
- Encouragement and support set the tone for advancement. With a commitment to search for the truth and to learn more about relationship with God, St. Mary's prepares each student to meet the challenges facing a young person growing up in today's world.
- At the same time, St. Mary's presents the opportunity to understand the differences between being a person of the culture and a person counter to the culture when those differences demand definition and personal response.
- Committed to the development of the mind and to intellectual inquiry, the St. Mary's Family enjoys an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and learning.
- Saint Mary's High School Seniors overlooking the Garden at Saint Mary's Parish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Human Geography, Literature and Composition, Physics, Spanish, Studio Art, United States History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 4 / Jun. 1 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Classics, Crabnet Newspaper, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language, International Thespian Society, Jazz Ensemble, Junior Civitan, Mastermind Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music Club, Photography, Real World, Rod and Reel Club, Saints After Dark, Student Government, Yearbook|
- It's the energy and enthusiasm in the classroom. It's the teachers who participate in your drama production or come to an athletic event to cheer you on. It's the laughter in the hallways and the friends all around you. The family spirit at St. Mary's will capture you instantly. Once you talk with our students and faculty and experience a day as a student, you will understand why our students and alumni care so much about their St. Mary's experience and why we have generations of alumni who enroll their own children at St. Mary's. St. Mary's is a place where doors are open to a bright future and a spirit of achievement prevails. We are a close-knit community that nourishes independence and excellence. At every turn, you will find faculty and administrators willing to guide and help you. Each day, you will gain new friends and collect new memories. And when you go on to the college of your choice, your most enthusiastic supporters will be your fellow saints, past and present. It's knowing that you're not just one number in the crowd... YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A COMMUNITY, A FAMILY OF SAINTS!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.