St. Marys High School
Charged by the Church to teach the faith, St. Mary's cultivates your interests in this dynamic Catholic learning community.
Encouragement and support set the tone for advancement. With a commitment to search for the truth and to learn more about relationship with God, St. Mary's prepares each student to meet the challenges facing a young person growing up in today's world.
At the same time, St. Mary's presents the opportunity to understand the differences between being a person of the culture and a person counter to the culture when those differences demand definition and personal response.
Committed to the development of the mind and to intellectual inquiry, the St. Mary's Family enjoys an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and learning.
Saint Mary's High School Seniors overlooking the Garden at Saint Mary's Parish.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 496 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,306
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 17 / Jun. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
American Government, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Human Geography, Literature and Composition, Physics, Spanish, Studio Art, United States History
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 17 / Jun. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Catholic: $15,306 Non-Catholic: $17,136
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Art Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Classics, Crabnet Newspaper, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language, International Thespian Society, Jazz Ensemble, Junior Civitan, Mastermind Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music Club, Photography, Real World, Rod and Reel Club, Saints After Dark, Student Government, Yearbook
- It's the energy and enthusiasm in the classroom. It's the teachers who participate in your drama production or come to an athletic event to cheer you on. It's the laughter in the hallways and the friends all around you. The family spirit at St. Mary's will capture you instantly. Once you talk with our students and faculty and experience a day as a student, you will understand why our students and alumni care so much about their St. Mary's experience and why we have generations of alumni who enroll their own children at St. Mary's. St. Mary's is a place where doors are open to a bright future and a spirit of achievement prevails. We are a close-knit community that nourishes independence and excellence. At every turn, you will find faculty and administrators willing to guide and help you. Each day, you will gain new friends and collect new memories. And when you go on to the college of your choice, your most enthusiastic supporters will be your fellow saints, past and present. It's knowing that you're not just one number in the crowd... YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A COMMUNITY, A FAMILY OF SAINTS!
Profile last updated:
Endorse St. Marys High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.