Charged by the Church to teach the faith, St. Mary's cultivates your interests in this dynamic Catholic learning community.
Encouragement and support set the tone for advancement. With a commitment to search for the truth and to learn more about relationship with God, St. Mary's prepares each student to meet the challenges facing a young person growing up in today's world.
At the same time, St. Mary's presents the opportunity to understand the differences between being a person of the culture and a person counter to the culture when those differences demand definition and personal response.
Committed to the development of the mind and to intellectual inquiry, the St. Mary's Family enjoys an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and learning.
Saint Mary's High School Seniors overlooking the Garden at Saint Mary's Parish.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 476 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,072
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 16 / Jun. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, Human Geography, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, Studio Art, United States Government, United States History
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 16 / Jun. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Catholic: $16,072 Non-Catholic: $17,996
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Art Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Classics, Crabnet Newspaper, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language, International Thespian Society, Jazz Ensemble, Junior Civitan, Mastermind Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music Club, Photography, Real World, Rod and Reel Club, Saints After Dark, Student Government, Yearbook
- It's the energy and enthusiasm in the classroom. It's the teachers who participate in your drama production or come to an athletic event to cheer you on. It's the laughter in the hallways and the friends all around you. The family spirit at St. Mary's will capture you instantly. Once you talk with our students and faculty and experience a day as a student, you will understand why our students and alumni care so much about their St. Mary's experience and why we have generations of alumni who enroll their own children at St. Mary's. St. Mary's is a place where doors are open to a bright future and a spirit of achievement prevails. We are a close-knit community that nourishes independence and excellence. At every turn, you will find faculty and administrators willing to guide and help you. Each day, you will gain new friends and collect new memories. And when you go on to the college of your choice, your most enthusiastic supporters will be your fellow saints, past and present. It's knowing that you're not just one number in the crowd... YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A COMMUNITY, A FAMILY OF SAINTS!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Marys High School cost?
St. Marys High School's tuition is approximately $16,072 for private students.
What sports does St. Marys High School offer?
St. Marys High School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. St. Marys High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for most sports offered.
What is St. Marys High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Marys High School?
The application deadline for St. Marys High School is Dec. 16 / Jun. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 16 / Jun. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse St. Marys High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.