- St. Mary's Elementary School is committed to the charism of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the order which has led and served our school since 1862.
- The School Sisters believe that Catholic education should be designed to enable children to reach the fullness of their potential as individuals created in God's image and to assist them in directing their gifts toward building the God's kingdom on earth.
- Our program is designed to build a strong academic foundation for life-long learning.
- Woven into our school days are activities and prayer designed to nurture a love of God and a passion for Christian service.
- Elementary school is an important and unforgettable time, and for many of our students it is the most time they will spend at any one school or college.
- St. Mary's excellent academic programs and encouraging social surroundings promote growth and self discipline.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||826 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1, Geometry,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,730|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Tuition for Parishioners is $7190.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Megan Back|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball Camp, Cherub Chorus, Clay Bakers Pottery Class, Girls on Track, Girls on the Run, Karate, Noel Choir, Performing Arts Camp, Robotics, School Newspaper, Summer Science Camp, Tennis Class, Various Enrichment Classes After School, Yearbook Club, Yoga for KIds Cherub Chorus, Girls on Track, Karate, Noel Choir, Robotics, Tennis Class, Yearbook Club, Yoga for KIds, Basketball Camp,
Clay Bakers Pottery Class,
Girls on the Run,
Performing Arts Camp,
Summer Science Camp,
Various Enrichment Classes After School,
- Mission Statement St. Mary's Elementary School is a coeducational Catholic parish school. Through spiritual,intellectual,physical and social guidance we strive to develop life long learners. In cooperation with the family and Catholic community, St. Maty's Elementary School seeks to foster and model Christain values founded in love of God,self,and others.
Profile last updated: 04/28/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SevernGrades: PK-12 | 908 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
Severna ParkGrades: PK-8 | 423 students
669 Ritchie Highway
Severna Park, MD 21146
GambrillsGrades: PK-8 | 807 students
2601 Symphony Lane
Gambrills, MD 21054
Glen BurnieGrades: PK-8 | 685 students
120 Dorsey Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Severna ParkGrades: 6-12 | 595 students
201 Water St
Severna Park, MD 21146
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.