St. Philip Neri Elementary School
- The primary concern of Saint Philip Neri School is to encourage each student to become aware of his abilities and talents as a Christian and to appreciate and to utilize them as a responsible member of society.
- Our school strives to provide the opportunities and the environment for students to develop to their full potential.
- It is our belief that the family is the primary source of Christian education.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty to maintain, strengthen, and enhance the Christian formation of the child.
St. Philip Neri Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Teachers|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,440|
|Tuition Notes||This amount includes our Book and Technology Fee of $250. We offer a multi-child discount. And tuition financing. Maryland's BOOST program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sue Wenzlick|
|Admissions Associate||Susie Frazier|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Computer Club, Garden Club, Girl and Boy Scouts, Middle School Youth Group, Science Explorers, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Theatre Production, School Band, School Chorus
St. Philip Neri Catholic School is a parish faith community dedicated to fostering the Catholic faith and educating children in a loving , nurturing environment. A foundation for future academic success is provided through excellence in teaching and learning, in partnership with the family and the parish and school communities. At. St. Philip Neri, we believe that parents are the primary educators and we embrace our responsibility as co-educators. We believe all children are a sacred and shared trust. we believe that each child is a gift of God who must be treated with dignity, respect and care.
Based on these beliefs, we embrace the following goals:
- To integrate Gospel values and teachings into all areas of the curriculum, thus enabling students to make solid moral choices, to grow in faith, and to share this faith with others.
- To provide academic excellence through a curriculum that espouses 21st century literacies: the ability to create, collaborate, cooperate, and collectively and ethically act.
- To foster life-long learners who possess the knowledge, problem-solving skills and competencies to address multi-dimensonal challenges inherent with a technological and global society.
- To provide an environment which enables students to appreciate and embrace creativity and beauty in life within and around them as expressed in various disciplines, art forms and nature.
- To instill in our students the ability and determination to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, morally and socially, growing in their commitment to justice and dedicaton to service making our Church, world, and one another better by their presence.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Linthicum Heights Grades: NS-8 | 43 students
901 Andover Rd
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
(410)859-3598 1.7 NS-8
We are new to the school last year and I must say from day one we were made to feel like part of the family.I felt my daughter and sone were challenged academically and were provided an opportunity to participate in appropriate grade level activities. My daughter needed extra help and a resource teacher was there to provide the extra support.
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie
I have to say....I highly recommend this school for you children. The teachers are wonderful and very helpful, the principal used to be a teacher at the school, so she understands the problems that teachers may have. This school reminds me of an "old school" as far as faith goes. I love that!!!!! My son is in several extracurricular activites. He has joined hiking club, and school store, and is looking forward to the musical.
- Posted by Parent - doree