St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School serves 1120 students in grades Prekindergarten-12is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).
The student:teacher of St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School is 9:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Episcopal.
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 1,120 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Finances and Admission
Jan. 15 / rolling
- St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School is an independent, college-preparatory, coed, day, Episcopal Church School that educates students in junior kindergarten through grade 12. The school consists of three, age-appropriate campuses (Lower, Middle, and Upper School) in Alexandria, Virginia. SSSAS welcomes families of all faiths. We offer challenging academics, a state-of-the-art performing arts center, and championship athletics. SSSAS is regarded as one of the top private schools in the Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. area.
- With a rich tradition, strong reputation, and focus on innovation, SSSAS is a unique environment of learning. Your child will be challenged, known, supported, and inspired to succeed in school, college and in life. Our students come from diverse backgrounds and bring a wide range of gifts, talents, and passions to our community. Guided by our mission to pursue goodness as well as knowledge, the opportunities are endless, and the relationships and rewards last a lifetime.
Endorse St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.