Sun & Shield Christian Academy
Tel: (520) 682-3423
- As a ministry of Sun & Shield Baptist Church, we endeavor to assist the families in our community with the education of their children by: providing a stimulating academic program; providing a distinctly Christ-centered environment; training students to have personal and social responsibility; and equipping students with spiritual integrity and moral philosophy.
- Sun and Shield Christian Academy knows that you care for your children and want the best for them.
- We care for children too, and that is why we offer a distinct educational alternative for your children.
- Our school is an educational arm of the church; therefore, we use a Christ-centered curriculum in a Christian environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,300|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 731-2100 23.3 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 20 students
7730 North Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
(520) 297-6121 11.1 PK-K
- Tucson Grades: 6-12 | 45 students
2030 S Mission Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520) 883-4999 20.1 6-12
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 296-8989 23.2 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.