Sun & Shield Christian Academy
- As a ministry of Sun & Shield Baptist Church, we endeavor to assist the families in our community with the education of their children by: providing a stimulating academic program; providing a distinctly Christ-centered environment; training students to have personal and social responsibility; and equipping students with spiritual integrity and moral philosophy.
- Sun and Shield Christian Academy knows that you care for your children and want the best for them.
- We care for children too, and that is why we offer a distinct educational alternative for your children.
- Our school is an educational arm of the church; therefore, we use a Christ-centered curriculum in a Christian environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,300|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 23.3 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 20 students
7730 North Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
(520)297-6121 11.1 PK-K
- Tucson Grades: 6-12 | 40 students
2030 S Mission Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)883-4999 20.1 6-12
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 23.2 PK-7
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.