Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The ACES is a multifaceted special education program designed specifically for students with emotional disabilities, specific learning disabilities and autism or other developmental delays. The ACES opened its doors of on August 28, 1995 in the West Phoenix Valley (Peoria Campus) and on August 23, 2000 in the East Phoenix Valley (Tempe Campus). August 2010 marked the opening of the third ACES campus in Avondale. The schools accommodate specific educational and behavioral criteria of special needs students referred by the public school districts and charter schools. The ACES opened with twenty-two students and currently serves over five hundred students per year from more than 50 districts and charter schools. A multi-disciplinary team consisting of educators and behavioral health professionals representing a variety of specialties has developed the mission and philosophy upon which the educational principles of The ACES are based. The final result of these planning efforts is a highly organized program that modifies inappropriate behaviors and develops academic skills through precise structure and individualized educational programming.
- By focusing upon the special education and behavioral health needs of the student, The ACES eliminates barriers to success by providing an authentically child-oriented program. The environment at The ACES is highly structured, safe, supportive, and goal oriented. All students are accepted with unconditional love and genuine respect by a staff committed to finding the road to success for each student. Poor choices by students are addressed immediately, fairly, and consistently in order to effect positive changes in behavior. Staffed by trained, certified, Highly Qualified Special Education Teachers, Special Subject Area Teachers, Behavior Coaches, Assistant Teachers, Counselors, Speech and Occupational Therapists, Clinicians, and Psychologists, The ACES’ instructional programs maximize student learning, comprehension, and retention.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The ACES's ranking?
The ACES ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for The ACES?
The application deadline for The ACES is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The ACES. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards