- The ACES is a state certified special education school for kindergarten through twelfth grade (K-12) special needs students ranging in age from five to twenty-two.
- The ACES has been established to provide an environment in which the pursuit of instructional effectiveness and learning is valued for students with emotional disabilities, intellectual disabilities, autism or pervasive developmental delays, specific learning disabilities, and other categories of special needs students including A, ED, ED-P, ID, OHI, SLD, SLI, TBI, MD, and MD-SSI. The ACES provides its unique instructional opportunity on three campuses, in Peoria, Avondale and Tempe, Arizona.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism; Emotional Disabilities; Intellectual Disabilities (Mild, Moderate, Severe, Profound); Traumatic Brain Injuries; Speech and Language Impairments, Other Health Impairments, Multiple Disabilities, MD with Severe Sensory Impairments|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The ACES is a multifaceted special education program designed specifically for students with emotional disabilities, specific learning disabilities and autism or other developmental delays. The ACES opened its doors of on August 28, 1995 in the West Phoenix Valley (Peoria Campus) and on August 23, 2000 in the East Phoenix Valley (Tempe Campus). August 2010 marked the opening of the third ACES campus in Avondale. The schools accommodate specific educational and behavioral criteria of special needs students referred by the public school districts and charter schools. The ACES opened with twenty-two students and currently serves over five hundred students per year from more than 50 districts and charter schools. A multi-disciplinary team consisting of educators and behavioral health professionals representing a variety of specialties has developed the mission and philosophy upon which the educational principles of The ACES are based. The final result of these planning efforts is a highly organized program that modifies inappropriate behaviors and develops academic skills through precise structure and individualized educational programming.
- By focusing upon the special education and behavioral health needs of the student, The ACES eliminates barriers to success by providing an authentically child-oriented program. The environment at The ACES is highly structured, safe, supportive, and goal oriented. All students are accepted with unconditional love and genuine respect by a staff committed to finding the road to success for each student. Poor choices by students are addressed immediately, fairly, and consistently in order to effect positive changes in behavior. Staffed by trained, certified, Highly Qualified Special Education Teachers, Special Subject Area Teachers, Behavior Coaches, Assistant Teachers, Counselors, Speech and Occupational Therapists, Clinicians, and Psychologists, The ACES’ instructional programs maximize student learning, comprehension, and retention.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: K-12 | 263 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
PhoenixGrades: K-8 | 36 students
22415 N 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85024
PhoenixGrades: K-12 | 203 students
5048 East Oak Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
GilbertGrades: K-12 | 184 students
875 S Cooper Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
TempeGrades: 1-12 | 100 students
1515 S. Indian Bend Road
Tempe, AZ 85281
As an administrator for The ACES, it is a dream come true for me to have the privilege of working with our exceptional students and excellent staff on three campuses, in Peoria, Tempe, and Avondale, Arizona.
- Posted by Administrator - garen
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.