The Bethesda Montessori School
At a Glance: The primary Montessori program admits children from 3 to 6 years of age (children must be 3 by September 1 of their start year, and fully potty-trained).
Our three classes are made up of mixed ages of children.
For the child entering at 3 years old, the complete program is three years in duration.
Children are strongly encouraged to complete the cycle through their kindergarten year in order to derive the maximum benefit from their learning experience.
All children attend school from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at the minimum, Monday through Friday, from September to June.
Prekindergarten-age children (4 year olds) have the option of attending a special afternoon program from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
Children entering their kindergarten year have advanced Montessori studies until 3 p.m.
An after-school program is offered until 6 p.m. Before-school care is available from 8 a.m.
to 9 a.m. upon request. There is no discrimination made in the selection of students or staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Application and fee schedules are available on this Web site, or you may request them by phone.
Enrollment is completed on a first come first serve basis, preference is given to siblings of current or alumni students.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 80 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
See our website for full tuition information
- The Bethesda Montessori School cooperates with the Washington Montessori Institute and is staffed by AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) trained teachers. It is fully approved by the Maryland State Department of Education and is a member of the North American Montessori Teachers Association and other educational organizations. It leases its facility from the Bethesda Presbyterian Church, but it has no religious affiliation with the church or its teachings. It is centrally located in the heart of the Bethesda business district on Wilson Lane near the intersection of Old Georgetown and Arlington Roads, three blocks from the Bethesda Metro station. A traditional Montessori school, BMS adheres to the teachings and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is fully equipped with the Montessori materials as well as many handmade items to stimulate the child's mind and creativity. Its rooms are bright and cheerful. Its staff is dedicated and caring. It is the hope of the school that each student will grow in knowledge, self-reliance, confidence and social graces. We conduct personal tours for prospective families by appointment only. To arrange a tour at either 9:15 or 10:00am, call Admissions Director Kristie Galic at 301-986-1260, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our physical address is 7611 Clarendon Road, Bethesda, MD 20814. We are located on the first floor of the church building, on the corner of Wilson Lane and Clarendon Road. Our front door faces Wilson Lane.
Endorse The Bethesda Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.