The Goddard School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
- Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners.
- The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.
- The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
- To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$237|
|Tuition Notes||3's..............from $144 to $247 per week 4's..............from $142 to $235 per week 2's..............from $151 to $256 per week Infants .........$328 per week Before & After School...from $78 per week.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Dawn Hughes|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Michelle Patterson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Drill Team, GymnasticsBasketball, Dance,|
Drill Team, Gymnastics,
- The Goddard School`s F.L.EX. Learning Program provides the optimal environment for your child`s social and academic development. This program is based on academic research that states children experience the deepest, most genuine learning when they are having fun. The program focuses on academic, social, creative and child-centered development to provide a well-rounded experience and ensure children become confident, joyful and fully prepared students.Offering a wide range of enriching activities to meet the individual needs of each childFocusing on building each child's emotional, social, cognitive and physical skillsOffering multi-cultural and developmentally appropriate materials and equipmentComplying with Quality Assurance Reviews and parent surveys conducted by GSISupporting the professional development of teachers through early childhood education trainingOffering open communication with families in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Profile last updated: 04/09/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WaldorfGrades: PK-6 | 51 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
- WaldorfGrades: NS-PK | 40 students
2011 Smallwood Dr. West
Waldorf, MD 20603
- WaldorfGrades: PK-KG | 41 students
10045 Bunker Hill Rd
Waldorf, MD 20603
- WaldorfGrades: NS-PK | 56 students
136 Stoddert Avenue
Waldorf, MD 20602
- White PlainsGrades: PK-12 | 359 students
Po Box 1668
White Plains, MD 20695
Wonderful Child Development Center. My 2 year old boy has been with the Goddard School in Waldorf since he was six month old. The facility is warm, welcoming and cheerful with different rooms dedicated to providing an age appropriate learning environment. The facility is safe and secure with a dual control entry making it almost impossible for an unauthorized person to enter. The teachers are educated professionals who have chosen child development as a career not just a paycheck. My little boy has made amazing progress and continues to amaze me daily with little songs, colors, shapes, and growing vocabulary he shares with us. His vocabulary and speech have been somewhat delayed so his progress is testimonial to his teachers and learning environment. They have made wonderful efforts to successfully potty train my little boy and for two working parents this is priceless :). I love the fact that the teacher to child ratio is less the the state requirement. But I suppose the biggest peace of mind a parent can have is showing up early and peeking through the window to see your child engaged in an activity (not just controlled chaos) and HAPPY!!
- Posted by Parent - frenz
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.