The Goddard School
5.00 (1 review)
The Goddard School Photo #2 - We are proud to be the only private preschool in Charles County that is accredited by National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), implements a curriculum that has earned AdvancED accreditation in early childhood education and a Private Kindergarten program that is MSDE accredited.
The Goddard School Photo #3 - National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredits early childhood programs according to health, safety and education standards. The standards are intended to provide a reliable and accountable accreditation system to encourage the field of early childhood education to strive for a new level of excellence.
The Goddard School Photo #4 - Our students consistently outperform other children in other daycares: RESULTS ARE IN !! This is a reflection of the dedication of our faculty to creating a safe and fun learning environment for the children and families we serve. We look forward to meeting you!
The Goddard School Photo #5 - Children learn best through experience. We embrace this philosophy in our classrooms by helping children explore and discover their interests through play, so they become school-ready, career-ready and life-ready. Our private kindergarten program prepares children for success in first grade and beyond. The fun, engaging curriculum allows children to explore and discover their interests while learning academic essentials.
- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
- Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners. The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.
- The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
- To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
The Goddard School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$306|
|Tuition Notes||Infants .........$394 per week 2's..............from $206 to $344 per week 3's..............from $184 to $306 per week 4's..............from $188 to $314 per week Private KG.....$321 per week Before & After School...from $92 per week.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Hasna Belayachi|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Velshonya Hickson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
- Intro to Goddard School in Waldorf, MD:
- Parent Testimonials:
- The Goddard School`s F.L.EX. Learning Program provides the optimal environment for your child`s social and academic development. This program is based on academic research that states children experience the deepest, most genuine learning when they are having fun. The program focuses on academic, social, creative and child-centered development to provide a well-rounded experience and ensure children become confident, joyful and fully prepared students.Offering a wide range of enriching activities to meet the individual needs of each childFocusing on building each child's emotional, social, cognitive and physical skillsOffering multi-cultural and developmentally appropriate materials and equipmentComplying with Quality Assurance Reviews and parent surveys conducted by GSISupporting the professional development of teachers through early childhood education trainingOffering open communication with families in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waldorf Grades: PK-6 | 49 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
(301)870-8660 0.4 PK-6
- Elkridge Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)796-3040 43.1 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-K
Suite Ll1 39 Old Ridgebury Road
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)628-2000 263.6 NS-K
Wonderful Child Development Center. My 2 year old boy has been with the Goddard School in Waldorf since he was six month old. The facility is warm, welcoming and cheerful with different rooms dedicated to providing an age appropriate learning environment. The facility is safe and secure with a dual control entry making it almost impossible for an unauthorized person to enter. The teachers are educated professionals who have chosen child development as a career not just a paycheck. My little boy has made amazing progress and continues to amaze me daily with little songs, colors, shapes, and growing vocabulary he shares with us. His vocabulary and speech have been somewhat delayed so his progress is testimonial to his teachers and learning environment. They have made wonderful efforts to successfully potty train my little boy and for two working parents this is priceless :). I love the fact that the teacher to child ratio is less the the state requirement. But I suppose the biggest peace of mind a parent can have is showing up early and peeking through the window to see your child engaged in an activity (not just controlled chaos) and HAPPY!!
- Posted by Parent - frenz
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.