The Saklan School
- The Saklan School mission is to challenge students to think creatively, act compassionately, and live courageously.
- Saklan provides a creative and meaningful academic environment for bright students, PreK thru 8th grade.
- We offer small class sizes (16 students per class) and an enriched integrated curriculum.
- Every grade level benefits from weekly instruction in Spanish, Music, Art, Science, Technology, and Library time.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo shirt, khaki or blue pants/shorts/skort)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies grade to grade. Full time PreK is $13,600 and Middle School caps at $21,600. Financial Assistance Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debbie Parish|
- Saklan schedules personal tours at your convenience. Please contact the Admissions Office to schedule a tour, 925-376-7900 x16 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: 1-12 | 60 students
1140 Galaxy Way, Suite 100
Concord, CA 94519
(925)687-9616 10.8 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.