The Winchendon School | NYC
At The Winchendon School | Herald Square, we're dedicated to the creation of transformative learning experiences for students who deserve more from school - the emerging artists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and visionaries who, with the right support today, can make a world of difference in the world tomorrow. Students like you..
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 9-12
- Yearly Tuition: $35,000
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Financial Assistance available
National avg.: 85%
Melissa Essman, Director of Admissions
- At Winchendon, we believe learning should be about applying knowledge, not just absorbing it. Winchendon`s curriculum is diverse and immersive. In addition, we incorporate beyond-the-classroom learning in classes and particularly in ColLABs and seek to develop our students` character through our school-wide Service Learning program and our Great 8 Character Attributes (CARE). Students become life-long learners as a result of the encouragement they are given to explore new opportunities and delve deeply into subjects that interest them.
Profile last updated:
Endorse The Winchendon School | NYC. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.