Tel: (718) 680-9452
- 7.5 acre campus houses a dynamic educational program that prepares students for high school, college and the world beyond.
- More than 160 year tradition of educating young women to "be who they are and be it well."
- Middle States Sustaining Excellence School. International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme Candidate.
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History Affiliate School. Integrated curriculum includes STEM, Columbia Teachers College Reading and Writing Program, French, visual and performing arts, and physical education, infused with moral and religious values that empower students to meet the challenges and demands of the future.
- Actvities include brass band, softball, debate club, choir, drama club, and campus ministry. After School Program available until 6:00 p.m.
Visitation Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,820|
|Tuition Notes||flexible payment options available|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Band, Ukulele
Visitation Academy provides a unique learning environment for the education of young girls. We are an all-girls Nursery (Pre-K3) through Eighth Grade school that prepares our students to be responsible women of tomorrow. Our mission is to empower our students to be morally responsible women of faith, vision, and purpose.
Visitation Academy believes that:
Visitation Academy believes that:
- Education is the shared responsibility of the student, home, school, and community
- All students have a right to be educated in a safe, supportive, challenging environment where they can learn to be citizens of a culturally diverse society in order to create a better and more peaceful world
- Effective teaching and learning rests upon the recognition of the unique talents and learning styles of each student
- Each student, through engaging and challenging academics, can become a responsible steward of the world
- Every student`s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and faculty
- A community of learners working together in a safe, challenging environment that encourages dignity, enthusiasm, involvement, independence and responsibility through high expectations and cooperation, will result in life-long learning and personal growth
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 253 students
1617 Parkview Avenue
Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 829-1706 18.9 PK-8
- New Rochelle Grades: NS-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914) 632-8836 25.2 NS-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.