Westchester Exceptional Childrens School
- Westchester Exceptional Children's School is a not for profit, tax-exempt/501(c)(3) school, located in North Salem, NY, serving students from 28 school districts and nine counties in NY, CT and NYC. Our focus is on meeting the educational, social and emotional need of students with autism, medically fragile children, and students with communication and behavior disorders thought to be too handicapped to attend public education programs.
- Our educational mission establishes that each child, no matter how handicapped, is a valuable individual capable of high achievement and worthy of society's best efforts.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount KiscoGrades: 9-12 | 82 students
40-1 Radio Circle, PO Box 277
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
- HawthorneGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
- New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.