Alpert Family Aleph Bet Jewish Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Aleph Bet is a model of excellence and a source of pride, boasting small class sizes, prestigious AIMS certification, and caring, experienced teachers.
- Best of all, children wake up each day excited to come to school.
- Our mission is to nurture and challenge the growing minds and spirits of our children.
- Our vision for the school is to be the school of choice and a unifying force in our Jewish community.
- We are committed to these core values: maintaining an environment of academic excellence; celebrating the richness and diversity of Jewish tradition; challenging students to think critically and reflectively; nurturing individual interests and talents; and fostering a sense of community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Cooking Club, Jiu Jitsu, Lego Clu
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: K-12 | 500 students
110 Shiley Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)730-0073 2 K-12
- Elkridge Grades: NS-8 | 271 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)796-3040 20.1 NS-8
As a parent I would strongly recommend this school as a high-quality, affordable private school option. I have had two kids go through Aleph Bet. Small classes and academic excellence were a must for our family and Aleph Bet delivered. My older boy is thriving in college, while my younger is well-prepared for the challenges of middle school, thanks to the solid grounding they received at Aleph Bet.While the school is grounded in Jewish values, I didn`t experience it as a "religious" school. The Hebrew language skills helped round out the educational experience, and the "religious" aspects never overwhelmed the academics. In my experience, the school community openly embraced Jewish, non-Jewish and interfaith families. All came away richer for the experience.Certainly the school has its challenges: Small classes can be a little too small for some. On the flip side, this frees up teachers to tailor lessons and to give special care and attention where needed. Perhaps most of all, Aleph Bet is a warm place, nurturing to children and families. Worth considering.
- Posted by Parent - Adam
I love Aleph Bet and so does my daughter! This school cares so much about their students, and it's a wonderful, warm community. The parents are involved and the teachers are open and engaged. Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - eve
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.