Apple Tree Children's Center
Tel: (410) 560-0611
- Apple Tree Children's Center, located in Cockeysville Maryland, is a state licensed facility.
- The Center was established in order to provide a quality care environment for children from six weeks of age to twelve years.
- Individual rooms for children of different age levels offer a variety of experiences in cognitive, physical, and social development.
- Our belief is if children are presented with information and given hands-on opportunities to learn in a safe, loving, and nurturing environment they will become self-confident, enthusiastic, capable learners.
- Our Pre-Kindergarten program is for children ages 4-5. We utilize the Open Court reading curriculum, a proven program that develops skills through phonics, word knowledge, and comprehension strategies.
- The curriculum also covers instruction in mathematics. We realize that emotional development is critical for children during the early months of their lives.
- The staff in our infant room focus on developing a child's sense of self and self-esteem by holding, talking to, and cuddling with the children throughout the day.
- We strive to develop language skills through songs, nursery rhymes, and music.
- We also encourage thinking and problem solving by letting the children explore their environment and play with toys that give a response, allowing them to learn about cause and effect.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: 1-8 | 61 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
(410) 488-8963 9.9 1-8
- Baltimore Grades: NS-PK | 85 students
419 Cedarcroft Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 435-0905 6.2 NS-PK
- Baltimore Grades: PK-K | 101 students
6915 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 377-2702 3.4 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.