Apple Tree Children's Center
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Apple Tree Children's Center, located in Cockeysville Maryland, is a state licensed facility. The Center was established in order to provide a quality care environment for children from six weeks of age to twelve years. Individual rooms for children of different age levels offer a variety of experiences in cognitive, physical, and social development. Our belief is if children are presented with information and given hands-on opportunities to learn in a safe, loving, and nurturing environment they will become self-confident, enthusiastic, capable learners. Our Pre-Kindergarten program is for children ages 4-5. We utilize the Open Court reading curriculum, a proven program that develops skills through phonics, word knowledge, and comprehension strategies. The curriculum also covers instruction in mathematics. We realize that emotional development is critical for children during the early months of their lives. The staff in our infant room focus on developing a child's sense of self and self-esteem by holding, talking to, and cuddling with the children throughout the day. We strive to develop language skills through songs, nursery rhymes, and music. We also encourage thinking and problem solving by letting the children explore their environment and play with toys that give a response, allowing them to learn about cause and effect.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Apple Tree Children's Center?
The application deadline for Apple Tree Children's Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Apple Tree Children's Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards