Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale
5.00 (3 reviews)
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #2 - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #3 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #4 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #5 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #6 - Brightmont teachers build relationships with students. They are supportive, patient, engaging and have positive attitudes.
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #7 - For every course, the teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and schedule.
Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale Photo #8 - Students say that Brightmont is a fun place to come to school and that learning is enjoyable. Students appreciate that with the one-to-one instruction, their own personal interests can be incorporated into their learning and it makes it more meaningful for them.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private school providing one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on a flexible schedule and start any time of year, including summer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring for grades 3-12, test preparation, and college and career assessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$900|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for full-time programs range from $24,500-29,000. Tuition varies by program.|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Horton|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. Through our full-time private school, individual courses for credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties and those seeking greater academic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-grade courses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, including math, science, English and social studies. We also offer test preparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college credit courses, and summer school opportunities.
- *Advanced Placement is registered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 203 students
5048 East Oak Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(602)629-6850 7.9 K-12
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-1
9606 E Kalil Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480)451-3130 3.3 NS-1
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-8 | 239 students
20624 N. 76th St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
(480)502-6878 6.3 PK-8
This school is cool.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jenny
This program is absolutely amazing. My son is now very confident about his academic abilities and will be going back to Chaparral High School. He just took the SAT and received a score that qualifies him for Barrett Honors College. Because of this program he is thriving.
- Posted by Parent - jimho
My son came to this school in November 2011 and had his whole junior year and several classes from his sophomore & freshman year to complete. He had a 1.3 GPA at the time. It is now June 1st and my son is almost done with all of his credits and he is averaging a B+. I am very happy that I brought him to Brightmont Academy and I feel the one on one instruction helped give him the confidence to go back to high school to get his degree and onto college. I have also noticed that he has matured considerably since going here.
- Posted by Parent - janh
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.