Cathedral High School 7-12
5.00 (13 reviews)
Tel: (320) 251-3421
- Cathedral High School Grade 7-12 is a Christ-Centered community of students, parents and educators actively involved in a challenging middle and secondary education (Grades 7-12).
- This education is guided by Christian values and Catholic teachings and takes place in a caring, disciplined environment.
- Our community empowers members to use their gifts to serve the local and global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||617 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Literature Writing, AP Biology, AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP German, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, Comparative Government, Honors Spanish|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No school uniforms but we do have a dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,400|
|Tuition Notes||7/8 Grade Parish level tuition - $7,200 7/8 Grade Non-Parish tuition - $9,200 9-12 Grade Parish level tuition - $9,400 9-12 Grade Non-Parish tuition - $11,400|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matt Meyer|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Triathlon, Art Club, Bowling, Knowledge Bowl, Little Feet, Math Counts, Math League, Memory Book, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, SADD, Science Club, Sound Techs, Speech, Student Ambassadors, Student Senate, Ultimate Frisbee
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama/Theatre, Jazz Band, Minnesingers, Pep Band
- Cathedral High School Facts and Information
- -Grades 7-12, 617 students
- -St. Cloud`s Catholic high school for over 100 years
- -Affordable tuition and $1.1 million in financial aid awarded yearly
- -Average class size is 23 students with a 1:14 faculty to student ratio
- -12 Advanced Placement classes (Biology, English Literature, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Comparative Government, German, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1 and 2, Psychology, Human Geography)
- -MacBook Air laptop computers are provided for all students
- -30 sports and over 20 additional extra-curricular activities are offered
- -95% student participation rate in athletics and activities
- -District 742 bussing provided for Cathedral students
- -Special education services and peer tutoring offered to support all students and their educational needs
- -School pride and community atmosphere that is unique and unmatched
- -Safe and orderly environment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Cloud Grades: PK-12 | 41 students
3686 County Road 8 Se
Saint Cloud, MN 56304
(320) 252-5677 3.5 PK-12
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 264 students
2400 Dale Street N
Saint Paul, MN 55113
(651) 484-8429 63 9-12
Cathedral High School is a great, faith based school. It is very welcoming and has great, helpful staff! I enjoy attending Cathedral.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Junior at Cathedral
I am currently a Senior at Cathedral High School. This school is amazing because they really make sure you get everything that you need. There is so much support from the teachers and staff. Everyone wants you to be successful. Not only are the teachers amazing, but the student body is wonderful. Everyone is super accepting and there is a place for everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kateri
Cathedral is a great school. Students are friendly, and teachers always try their best for our success. CHS is a safe high school and has an excellent education
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Vy
Cathedral is an awesome school! It helps make me successful academically, while allowing me to explore my other interests in the arts and athletics. The administrators are also very helpful in meeting the rigor that I desire in a personalized and organized manner. Cathedral does things right!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - TLC246
I love Cathedral due to its extracurricular activities. I participate in both theatre and speech, along with being a manager for volleyball. I love how involved I can be. The teachers help students to balance activities and school. I love being able to attend mass on Thursdays as well. Overall, Cathedral has made a huge difference in my life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Andrea
Cathedral has been a benchmark for future success in life by teaching me how to act with kindness, responsibility, and faithfulness. Having been here since 7th grade and on the verge of graduating, I can not think of a better place to harness my skills and prepare for the next step in my academic journey.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - McRay
The teachers at Cathedral are always there to help you, and they build a relationship with each individual student. The academic programs are outstanding. There are multiple AP classes you can take and the classes are designed to prepare you for college. At Cathedral there is a very high participant rate for extracurricular activities. The sports teams have been very successful over the past years, and there is a great theatre program too.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lucy Pelzel
I have attended Cathedral since I was a 7th grader and I would never want to go to a different school! Cathedral has such a great environment that gets students involved in activities and academics. Not only is Cathedral fun, but the students and teachers here are really striving for excellence. Cathedral has also prepared me so much for the future! I love this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rebecca Loberg
Cathedral High School is such a good environment for learning. The teachers care so much and are willing to do anything for you!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Senior
The teachers and staff here are very friendly and always willing to make time for a student in need of help. There are plenty of sports and extracurricular that students can get involved in, and the classes offered can be challenging but flexible with students' schedules. Great preparation for future tasks at hand.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Courtney G.
Love CHS! As a junior I already feel very prepared for college. My teachers are all very supportive, helpful, and caring. Also, I love being able to get involved in all the numerous activities going on!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Liz
The teachers at Cathedral are very supportive and love to help you succeed. The extracurriculars are also very good and there are a lot of options.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brianna
I have been going to Cathedral High School since I was in 7th grade. I have met so many great people including my best friends. I feel as I go through my senior year and go to college I will be ready to pursue a career. Cathedral has great academics and great helpful teachers.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kendall
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.