Child Guidance Elementary Ed
When a child is struggling with an emotional, behavioral, or developmental diagnosis, it is crucial to provide support to address his or her specific needs.
Child Guidance offers a comprehensive program specifically created for children who struggle with the public school classroom.
Enrollment in our special education classroom is based on reccomendation through the child's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
In addition to special education services, we also staff several schools in the Delaware Valley with an in-school counselor and offer a social After School Program for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-8
- Students: 24 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Emotional, behavioral, developmental diagnoses
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
We are dedicated to working with the school district and helping children develop the skills needed to successfully and permanently return to public school. The school receives a quarterly report card, invitations to atttend IEP meetings, updated original IEP documents, access to individual academic charts, the opportunity to consult with Child Guidance regarding emotionally challenged children, transition help, and our commitment to follow the same academic standards established by the state of Pennsylvania.
Facts about the school:
Facts about the school:
- Licensed by the sate of Pennsylvania as a private, special education school
- Offers a structured, academic environment, with a strong focus on social, emotional, and behavioral development
- Optimal Staff-to-student ratios for classroom needs
- 1:5 for emotional support classrooms
- 1:3 for autistic support classrooms
- Maintains the goal for every child to successfully transition back to the public school environment as quickly as possible
- Serves grades K-8th
Endorse Child Guidance Elementary Ed. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.