Child Guidance Elementary Ed
Tel: (484) 454-8700
- When a child is struggling with an emotional, behavioral, or developmental diagnosis, it is crucial to provide support to address his or her specific needs.
- Child Guidance offers a comprehensive program specifically created for children who struggle with the public school classroom.
- Enrollment in our special education classroom is based on reccomendation through the child's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- In addition to special education services, we also staff several schools in the Delaware Valley with an in-school counselor and offer a social After School Program for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional, behavioral, developmental diagnoses|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
We are dedicated to working with the school district and helping children develop the skills needed to successfully and permanently return to public school. The school receives a quarterly report card, invitations to atttend IEP meetings, updated original IEP documents, access to individual academic charts, the opportunity to consult with Child Guidance regarding emotionally challenged children, transition help, and our commitment to follow the same academic standards established by the state of Pennsylvania.
Facts about the school:
Facts about the school:
- Licensed by the sate of Pennsylvania as a private, special education school
- Offers a structured, academic environment, with a strong focus on social, emotional, and behavioral development
- Optimal Staff-to-student ratios for classroom needs
- 1:5 for emotional support classrooms
- 1:3 for autistic support classrooms
- Maintains the goal for every child to successfully transition back to the public school environment as quickly as possible
- Serves grades K-8th
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Media Grades: 1-8 | 184 students
2107 North Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
(610) 565-3741 4.1 1-8
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 10.9 PK-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 2.8 5-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.