Child Guidance Elementary Ed
- When a child is struggling with an emotional, behavioral, or developmental diagnosis, it is crucial to provide support to address his or her specific needs.
- Child Guidance offers a comprehensive program specifically created for children who struggle with the public school classroom.
- Enrollment in our special education classroom is based on reccomendation through the child's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- In addition to special education services, we also staff several schools in the Delaware Valley with an in-school counselor and offer a social After School Program for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional, behavioral, developmental diagnoses|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
We are dedicated to working with the school district and helping children develop the skills needed to successfully and permanently return to public school. The school receives a quarterly report card, invitations to atttend IEP meetings, updated original IEP documents, access to individual academic charts, the opportunity to consult with Child Guidance regarding emotionally challenged children, transition help, and our commitment to follow the same academic standards established by the state of Pennsylvania.
Facts about the school:
Facts about the school:
- Licensed by the sate of Pennsylvania as a private, special education school
- Offers a structured, academic environment, with a strong focus on social, emotional, and behavioral development
- Optimal Staff-to-student ratios for classroom needs
- 1:5 for emotional support classrooms
- 1:3 for autistic support classrooms
- Maintains the goal for every child to successfully transition back to the public school environment as quickly as possible
- Serves grades K-8th
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Media Grades: 1-8 | 181 students
2107 North Providence Road
Media, PA 19063
(610)565-3741 4.1 1-8
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 10.9 PK-12
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)527-3230 2.8 5-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.