First Southern Christian School
- First Southern Christian School was established to provide an academically excellent Christian education for boys and girls in our area.
- We emphasize the importance of faith in God and His revealed Word, the Bible and we challenge students to reach their full potential, academically.
- We define Christian education as spiritual training which encourages spiritual growth as it is described in the Bible.
- Our courses are taught in a Christian environment, with emphasis on the Christian view of God and the world.
- We share God's plan for redemption with our young men and women, and prepare them for lives of effective Christian service. Our teachers are born-again Christians who are well qualified academically and also spiritually mature.
- They are role models as well as instructors and are sensitive to the values taught in our churches and in Christian homes, and they work hard to encourage spiritual development in the students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms: Khaki pants & polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,850|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool = $2950 Kindergarten = $4350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Burger|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- When you enroll your child or children at First Southern Christian School, you are joining our family. We are a very loving and family-oriented school. Not only will your child develop friendships but you, as a parent, will also. When you leave your child at the school for the day, you can be assured that he/she will be nurtured, loved and safe all while learning the necessary skills to become the man or woman God has called them to be.
Profile last updated:
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.