First Southern Christian School
- First Southern Christian School was established to provide an academically excellent Christian education for boys and girls in our area.
- We emphasize the importance of faith in God and His revealed Word, the Bible and we challenge students to reach their full potential, academically.
- We define Christian education as spiritual training which encourages spiritual growth as it is described in the Bible.
- Our courses are taught in a Christian environment, with emphasis on the Christian view of God and the world.
- We share God's plan for redemption with our young men and women, and prepare them for lives of effective Christian service. Our teachers are born-again Christians who are well qualified academically and also spiritually mature.
- They are role models as well as instructors and are sensitive to the values taught in our churches and in Christian homes, and they work hard to encourage spiritual development in the students.
- We also offer art, music, computer and physical education classes each week
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms: Khaki pants & polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,850|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool = $2950 Kindergarten = $4350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Burger|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- When you enroll your child or children at First Southern Christian School, you are joining our family. We are a very loving and family-oriented school. Not only will your child develop friendships but you, as a parent, will also. When you leave your child at the school for the day, you can be assured that he/she will be nurtured, loved and safe all while learning the necessary skills to become the man or woman God has called them to be.
Profile last updated:
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.