Fisher Island Day School
Tel: (305) 531-2350
- Fisher Island Day School is dedicated to preparing children for entrance into competitive high schools, for responsible citizenship in a diverse world, and for ongoing learning to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.
- The first years of a child's education form the foundation for happy and successful academic and personal growth.
- During Kindergarten and the early grades, the minds of children develop very rapidly, at a pace greater than at any other time in their lives.
- In addition to learning essential academic skills, developing aesthetic and physical capacities, and acquiring facility in languages, children at these ages begin to understand how their values and beliefs shape behavior and influence relationships with classmates and adults.
- It is during these years, also, that children come to understand that learning is a life long process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mary Reiling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baseball, Basketball Club, Chess Club, Clay World, Dance, Girl Power, Golf, Odyssey of the Mind, Running Club/Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Beach Grades: 7-11 | 68 students
1140 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 673-5664 1.5 7-11
- Miami Beach Grades: 1-11 | 414 students
1140 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305) 653-8770 2.2 1-11
- Miami Grades: 1-12 | 56 students
1475 Nw 14th Ave
Miami, FL 33125
(305) 547-4715 2.8 1-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.