- Hoosac School, founded in 1889, is a coeducational, college preparatory school.
- Our aim is to develop the character, spirit, mind, and body of its students, to foster independence and self discipline, and to motivate them to develop to their full potential for success in college and for full, productive, and intelligent lives.
- At Hoosac, students are encouraged to do their best and are given the necessary support to help them in their studies.
- Teachers are dedicated to insuring that students gain a complete understanding of the subject matter.
- Classes are very small and communication between teachers and students is excellent.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English, European History, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1260|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Business and Business Casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,000|
|Tuition Notes||Add'l fees $1,500 for books, laundry and activities|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$21,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ryan Grant|
|Admissions Associate||Ryan Grant|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Hoosac students receive individual attention with a 6:1 student/teacher ratio. The structured setting and proactive advisor program provide support to an internationally diverse student body. The college-preparatory curriculum includes preparation for AP tests, the SAT/ACT and an ESL program for non-English speakers. Facilities include a technology lab, athletic center with indoor pool, observatory, and arts center. The rural campus setting is ideal for camping, mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding. Hoosac fields strong teams in many sports and is represented especially well in ice hockey, basketball having won New England Championships in 2007 (ice hockey) and 2012 & 2013 in Boys Basketball.