Institute Of Notre Dame
- The Institute of Notre Dame (IND) is a girls Catholic high school located in the heart of Baltimore City.
- It is a school rich in history, tradition, academic excellence and faith.
- Founded in 1847 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the school continues today at its original location.
- Rooted in the values of the Catholic faith and the educational vision of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, IND is a college preparatory school for young women.
- The school's mission is to educate students to become women of discernment, active leaders, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens of the world.
- The school's philosophy is to enable every young woman to develop to the fullness of her potential.
- As a culturally diverse community, IND strives to create an environment that enables students to understand and accept themselves and others as persons of dignity and worth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English - Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,650|
|Tuition Notes||Visit http://www.indofmd.org/admissions for more information about tuition and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeannie Kihn|
|Admissions Associate||Bridget Bindel|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Capella Choir, Ambassadors, Campus Ministry, Choral Performance, Computer Club, Cultural Awareness, Dance Club, Drama, Environmental Club, Equestrian Club, Food Critics Club, Future Health Care Professionals, Garland - Literary Magazine, Hildie's Helpers, It's Academic, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Outdoor Adventures, PAL - Preserving and Learning, Peer Mediators, Peer Ministers, Reading IND, Recycling, Robotics Club, SADD, Select Choir, Senior Service, Sewing Club, Shalom Club, Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica, SociÃ©tÃ© Honoraire de FranÃ§ais, Stage Guild, Student Peace Activists, Students Sharing Coalition, TASC - Student Government, Tri M - Music Honor Society, Youth Ministry, iN! Digital Magazine, wINDows - School Newspaper Ambassadors, Computer Club, Dance Club, Drama, It's Academic, Peer Mediators, Peer Ministers, Reading IND, Recycling, Robotics Club, SADD, Select Choir, Senior Service, Sewing Club, Shalom Club, Stage Guild, Youth Ministry, A Capella Choir,
Food Critics Club,
Future Health Care Professionals,
Garland - Literary Magazine,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
PAL - Preserving and Learning,
Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica,
SociÃ©tÃ© Honoraire de FranÃ§ais,
Student Peace Activists,
Students Sharing Coalition,
TASC - Student Government,
Tri M - Music Honor Society,
iN! Digital Magazine,
wINDows - School Newspaper,
- IND places top priority upon academics. IND has a 100% acceptance rate to college and the class of 2015 earned over $13.4 million in merit based scholarships.
- Extracurricular activities complement the academic program, including 13 varsity sports, opportunities in the performing and visual arts, community service, musical groups, and many clubs. Regardless of where the individual student's talents lie, whether in academics, athletics, or in extracurricular activities, IND strives to enable each and every student to experience success. That success generates the confidence and poise that allows students to reach the fullness of her potential in college and beyond. In 2009, the school successfully launched a 1:1 Student-Tablet PC Program with its freshman class. Through the careful integration of technology across the curriculum, teachers create a learning environment that is more individualized and tailored to each student's needs. By providing each student with her own tablet PC, IND ensures that technology is an affordable, accessible, and indispensible educational tool. IND offers two STEM programs, Biomedical Sciences and Engineering, through the national curriculum Project Lead the Way.
Profile last updated: 07/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 340 students
2800 Edison Highway
Baltimore, MD 21213
BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 311 students
1300 E Northern Pkwy
Baltimore, MD 21239
BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 503 students
700 Academy Rd
Baltimore, MD 21228
1201 S Caton Avenue
Halethorpe, MD 21227
TowsonGrades: 6-12 | 808 students
815 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?