John Thomas Dye School
Tel: (310)476-2811 Ext. 1301
- The John Thomas Dye School, an independent school, provides for its students a program of academic excellence, one both traditional and dynamic, with a commitment to family and community.
- The school encourages its students to reach their highest individual potential intellectually, artistically and physically; it nurtures their emotional, moral and social development; and it prepares them to meet the challenges of a diverse and competitive world.
- We, of the John Thomas Dye School believe the education of a child is the responsibility of the parents, the child, and the faculty of the School.
- Each of these three influences is an integral part of a successful educational experience for the child.
- This basic philosophy has enabled the school to develop an atmosphere that stresses the right of each individual to be different and unique while developing confidence, mutual respect, and a degree of cooperation, allowing the student to strive for higher academic achievement, to develop an understanding of the right of others, and to grow in self-esteem.
- Our goal is to have each student grow socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically, thus enabling each to be a creative, productive, and responsible contributor to society, more specifically, to foster in each child a genuine self-esteem built upon the acquisition of the ability to use appropriate cognitive and social skills commensurate with the child's maximum potential for achievement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Sep. 26 / Jan. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,465|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Judy Hirsch|
|Admissions Associate||Olivia Mora|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
American Girl, chess, cooking, debate, Harry Potter
Arts and Music Programs:
- First date to submit application is 9/26/19 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Profile last updated:
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.