- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and a member of the Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School Network, Lowell Catholic High School is a co-educational, college preparatory school that provides a challenging curriculum that leads to academic excellence and is Commited to providing a Catholic education to its students.
- Lowell Catholic offers an intimate community that excels in academics, service, numerous competitive sports and fulfilling extra-curricular activities.
- Carrying on the proud tradition of its legacy schools, Lowell Catholic values educating the whole person and features a culture of learning in a small, private high school environment.
- Lowell Catholic challenges its students to: excel academically and hold learning in high esteem; prepare for productive lives in their future communities; and embrace Jesus' message to love God, our neighbors and ourselves.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||390 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Literature, Psychology, Statistics, U.S. History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristina Hills|
|Admissions Associate||Frances Cahalane|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Gymnastics, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bowling Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Team, Choir, Crusader Club, Dance, Drama, Literary Magazine, Math League, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Mediator, Ping Pong Club, Prom Committee, Recycling Club, Ski & Snowboarding Club, Student Council, Yearbook|
- A Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Facilities include a 500 seat gym, weight room, science and computer labs, and a 200 seat lecture hall
- The ratio of students to computers is 3:1
- All students will have completed at least 70 hours of community service before graduation
- Over 70% of students are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Over 40 different languages are spoken in the homes of Lowell Catholic students
- Over 95% of graduates go on to higher education
- The Class of 2008 earned over $2.6 million in university and college scholarships
- Lowell Catholic High School is the most affordable private high school in the Merrimack Valley
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GrotonGrades: 8-12 | 380 students
Po Box 991
Groton, MA 01450
- ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 566 students
16 Medford St
Arlington, MA 02474
- ReadingGrades: 6-12 | 750 students
101 Willow St.
Reading, MA 01867
- ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 401 students
1400 Lowell Road
Concord, MA 01742
- LawrenceGrades: 9-12 | 1353 students
300 Hampshire St
Lawrence, MA 01841
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.