Academy Of Notre Dame
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 431 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 31 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Upper School Bowling, Upper School Chinese Club, Upper School Culinary Club, Upper School Diversity Club, Upper School Elementary Education Internship, Upper School Environmental Club, Upper School Fangirl Club, Upper School International Travel Abroad, Upper School Literary Magazine, Upper School Literature Club, Upper School Marketing Internship, Upper School Math Club, Upper School Mission and Ministry, Upper School Model UN, Upper School National Honor Society, Upper School Newspaper, Upper School Quiz Show Team, Upper School Student Council, Upper School Student Government, Upper School Yearbook, Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
Arts and Music Programs:
Upper School Acapella, Upper School Dance Team, Upper School Drama Guild, Upper School Glee Club, Upper School Visual Arts Magazine, Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
- The Early Years Program
- The Academy of Notre Dame`s three-tiered Early Years program is designed to meet every child`s individual development needs and transition them smoothly from Pre-Kindergarten 3 (starting at 2.9-years old and fully potty trained) to Pre-Kindergarten 4 (4-years-old), to Kindergarten (5-years-old). Children will progress through each tier of the program with teachers who guide his/her academic challenges and support his/her social development in a nurturing environment that encourages strong character and solid values.
- Art, music, physical activity and STEM experiences are very important parts of the school day at the Academy, integral to the development of fine motor skills, listening skills and selfexpression. Children will get creative with a wide variety of artistic materials, experiment with musical instruments, enjoy outside play and supervised exploration of nature on our 200+ acre campus and pursue their natural curiosity with science and technology.
- Lower School - Grades 1-5
- Early elementary education at the Academy guides students through a rigorous academic curriculum within a nurturing small school community that ensures plenty of one-onone attention. This approach encourages student achievement and builds character for ongoing success.
- The academic program encompasses courses in mathematics, science, social studies, reading and language arts, religion, and beginning in Kindergarten, the world languages of Spanish and French are explored. Students also attend a class each day in music, art, gym, STEAM or library skills.
- Middle School - Grades 6-8
- Grades 6-8 encompass academic courses in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Religion and World Languages. Students also attend a class each day in either music, art, gym, STEAM or library skills.
- Academy STEAM Programs: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art,
- The Academy is committed to preparing our students for a rapidly evolving global economy that requires the development of STEAM skills necessary to compete with peers from every corner of the world. STEAM education develops students` creative, analytical, teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills that are essential to success in today`s world. Electronics and technology are not just concepts that are covered throughout the curriculum; students are asked to integrate STEAM concepts in all courses.
- They are given access to technology resources in the classroom and our dual boot Mac lab allows students to work on either a PC or Mac operating system.
- Students students in grades 4 through 8 will have one 45-minute Makerspace class per week. The STEAM and Makerspace classes will pose open-ended questions for students to solve. Students will be tasked with the responsibility to research the issue, decide on a solution and use the tools/equipment to create a model of their project.
- World Languages
- The World Languages program adopts a broad spectrum of communication skills utilizing the five C`s of essential foreign language development: communication, culture, connections, comparisons, and community. Students meet five days per week. Sixth graders focus on conversation and listening comprehension. Seventh and eighth graders build upon those skills and the program follows the inclusion method of study, where at least 50% of classroom instruction occurs in the target language.
- The REACH Program
- Through the use of innovative scheduling, cross-grade teaching and specialized instruction, Academy students who are recommended for the REACH program are able to matriculate at one grade level ahead in math (limited to certain grades) and/or English (limited to certain grades). Unlike traditional "tracking," where students are leveled for all classes and remain with each other throughout the school day, the REACH concept helps all students in the Academy to receive math and reading instruction at their level of individual readiness. The concept allows for all possible academic combinations, ensuring that your child receives targeted and comprehensive instruction at the exact level they require.
- Enrichment Opportunities For All Ages
- After school enrichment programs are experiential in nature and create opportunities to implement challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant projects into your child`s day.
- Extended Day Program Options
- The EDP service ensures students are well-cared for from school dismissal at 2:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., during the school year and supports children`s academic, physical, social and health needs in a safe community.
- The Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- The Academy of Notre Dame Upper School program is a rigorous, college prep educations. New students join a vibrant community where they are valued as individuals and where they will be encouraged and nurtured to explore and develop to their fullest potential.
- A Rigorous Academic Program
- Balancing classical and innovative approaches, the program at the Academy of Notre Dame includes a full range of traditional academic classes, theology, world languages, fine arts, and physical education with a comprehensive wellness program.Additionally, there are opportunities to access specialized electives through our Virtual High School (VHS). Upper level Advanced Placement (AP) courses are offered throughout the mathematics, science, history, world language and English curriculums.
- Technology for a Digital World
- With the integration of tablets/laptops into course instruction, interactive whiteboard technology, utilization of software applications to expand learning and wireless connectivity in every classroom, Academy students are prepared to learn and thrive in a digital world.
- Whether students have college athletic aspirations, are eager to try a new sport, or are just looking for additional fitness opportunities, the Academy`s Athletic Program offers thirteen teams across the varsity and junior varsity levels including soccer, cross-country, swimming & diving, volleyball, basketball, indoor track, softball, tennis, and track & field.
- Get Involved; Become a Leader!
- Try out for the spring musical, run for class office or compete with other schools in international policies at Model UN. With more than 20 student clubs, organizations and leadership opportunities, our students are able to expand their experiences, challenge themselves, and impress college admissions boards.
- Study & Serve Abroad
- School breaks offer Academy students the opportunity for foreign travel adventure. In February, students visit destinations such as Italy, Costa Rica, Ireland, Spain and Greece to learn about the language, culture and politics. In April, students embark on a Mission Trip to provide service work in locations like rural Jamaica.
- Our graduates enter college pursuing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) careers at more than three times the national average. In fact, more than 50% of graduates declare a STEAM major. In the last few years, our students have been accepted at highly competitive institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, to name a few.
- Spiritual Foundation for Life
- Our mission is to educate the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence. The Academy of Notre Dame is committed to Catholic education, in a universal, accepting and welcoming way. We accept students of all faiths, and nurture a belief in the goodness of God and the dignity of each person. We are committed to community-building, diversity, global justice and service to those in need. Our students involve themselves in the local and world community by supporting missions run by the Sisters of Notre Dame, raising money for causes and helping those in need. The possibilities are many within the Academy community, in the region, or as far away as countries in Africa and Latin America.
Endorse Academy Of Notre Dame. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards