Academy Of Notre Dame
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (978) 649-7611
Academy Of Notre Dame Photo #5 - Beta Club members delivering 1 ton of food to local pantry that they collected during food drive.
- The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro is a private, Catholic, co-educational Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatoryschool sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
- Our mission focuses on educating the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence, as well as developing growth, character and leadership in our students.
- We nurture a belief in the goodness of god and the dignity of each person.
- We are committed to community building, diversity, global justice and service to those in need.
- We accept students of all faiths and diverse cultural backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Additional AP courses are available through the Virtual High School; more than 20 options, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP French Language and Culture, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP US Government, AP US History, Honors Algebra 1, Honors Algebra 2, Honors American Literature, Honors Anatomy, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors French 1, 2, 3, Honors Geometry, Honors Global History 1, 2, Honors Lieterary Genres, Honors Physical Science, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish 1, 2, 3, Honors Studio Art, Honors US History, Honors World Literature|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3-day Pre-K: $6,100* 5-day Pre-K: $8,800* K-Grade 8: $8,250* Grade 9-12: $15,800* *Does not include other fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,863|
|Admissions Director||Elisa Lellios|
|Admissions Associate||Aida Parada|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Upper School Bowling, Upper School Chinese Club, Upper School Culinary Club, Upper School Diversity Club, Upper School Elementary Education Internship, Upper School Environmental Club, Upper School Fangirl Club, Upper School International Travel Abroad, Upper School Literary Magazine, Upper School Literature Club, Upper School Marketing Internship, Upper School Math Club, Upper School Mission and Ministry, Upper School Model UN, Upper School National Honor Society, Upper School Newspaper, Upper School Quiz Show Team, Upper School Student Council, Upper School Student Government, Upper School Yearbook, Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
Arts and Music Programs:
Upper School Acapella, Upper School Dance Team, Upper School Drama Guild, Upper School Glee Club, Upper School Visual Arts Magazine, Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Wide variety available to both Upper and Lower School students
The Academy of Notre Dame in Tyngsboro, MA, is a private, Catholic co-ed Lower School for PreK-Grade 8 and a college preparatory Upper School sponspored by the Sister of Notre Dame de Namur.
- The Early Years Program
- The Academy of Notre Dame`s three-tiered Early Years program is designed to meet every child`s individual development needs and transition them smoothly from Pre-Kindergarten 3 (starting at 2.9-years old and fully potty trained) to Pre-Kindergarten 4 (4-years-old), to Kindergarten (5-years-old). Children will progress through each tier of the program with teachers who guide his/her academic challenges and support his/her social development in a nurturing environment that encourages strong character and solid values.
- Art, music, physical activity and STEM experiences are very important parts of the school day at the Academy, integral to the development of fine motor skills, listening skills and selfexpression. Children will get creative with a wide variety of artistic materials, experiment with musical instruments, enjoy outside play and supervised exploration of nature on our 200+ acre campus and pursue their natural curiosity with science and technology.
- Lower School - Grades 1-5
- Early elementary education at the Academy guides students through a rigorous academic curriculum within a nurturing small school community that ensures plenty of one-onone attention. This approach encourages student achievement and builds character for ongoing success.
- The academic program encompasses courses in mathematics, science, social studies, reading and language arts, religion, and beginning in Kindergarten, the world languages of Spanish and French are explored. Students also attend a class each day in music, art, gym, STEAM or library skills.
- Middle School - Grades 6-8
- Grades 6-8 encompass academic courses in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Religion and World Languages. Students also attend a class each day in either music, art, gym, STEAM or library skills.
- Academy STEAM Programs: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art,
- The Academy is committed to preparing our students for a rapidly evolving global economy that requires the development of STEAM skills necessary to compete with peers from every corner of the world. STEAM education develops students` creative, analytical, teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills that are essential to success in today`s world. Electronics and technology are not just concepts that are covered throughout the curriculum; students are asked to integrate STEAM concepts in all courses.
- They are given access to technology resources in the classroom and our dual boot Mac lab allows students to work on either a PC or Mac operating system.
- Students students in grades 4 through 8 will have one 45-minute Makerspace class per week. The STEAM and Makerspace classes will pose open-ended questions for students to solve. Students will be tasked with the responsibility to research the issue, decide on a solution and use the tools/equipment to create a model of their project.
- World Languages
- The World Languages program adopts a broad spectrum of communication skills utilizing the five C`s of essential foreign language development: communication, culture, connections, comparisons, and community. Students meet five days per week. Sixth graders focus on conversation and listening comprehension. Seventh and eighth graders build upon those skills and the program follows the inclusion method of study, where at least 50% of classroom instruction occurs in the target language.
- The REACH Program
- Through the use of innovative scheduling, cross-grade teaching and specialized instruction, Academy students who are recommended for the REACH program are able to matriculate at one grade level ahead in math (limited to certain grades) and/or English (limited to certain grades). Unlike traditional "tracking," where students are leveled for all classes and remain with each other throughout the school day, the REACH concept helps all students in the Academy to receive math and reading instruction at their level of individual readiness. The concept allows for all possible academic combinations, ensuring that your child receives targeted and comprehensive instruction at the exact level they require.
- Enrichment Opportunities For All Ages
- After school enrichment programs are experiential in nature and create opportunities to implement challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant projects into your child`s day.
- Extended Day Program Options
- The EDP service ensures students are well-cared for from school dismissal at 2:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., during the school year and supports children`s academic, physical, social and health needs in a safe community.
- The Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- The Academy of Notre Dame Upper School program is a rigorous, college prep educations. New students join a vibrant community where they are valued as individuals and where they will be encouraged and nurtured to explore and develop to their fullest potential.
- A Rigorous Academic Program
- Balancing classical and innovative approaches, the program at the Academy of Notre Dame includes a full range of traditional academic classes, theology, world languages, fine arts, and physical education with a comprehensive wellness program.Additionally, there are opportunities to access specialized electives through our Virtual High School (VHS). Upper level Advanced Placement (AP) courses are offered throughout the mathematics, science, history, world language and English curriculums.
- Technology for a Digital World
- With the integration of tablets/laptops into course instruction, interactive whiteboard technology, utilization of software applications to expand learning and wireless connectivity in every classroom, Academy students are prepared to learn and thrive in a digital world.
- Whether students have college athletic aspirations, are eager to try a new sport, or are just looking for additional fitness opportunities, the Academy`s Athletic Program offers thirteen teams across the varsity and junior varsity levels including soccer, cross-country, swimming & diving, volleyball, basketball, indoor track, softball, tennis, and track & field.
- Get Involved; Become a Leader!
- Try out for the spring musical, run for class office or compete with other schools in international policies at Model UN. With more than 20 student clubs, organizations and leadership opportunities, our students are able to expand their experiences, challenge themselves, and impress college admissions boards.
- Study & Serve Abroad
- School breaks offer Academy students the opportunity for foreign travel adventure. In February, students visit destinations such as Italy, Costa Rica, Ireland, Spain and Greece to learn about the language, culture and politics. In April, students embark on a Mission Trip to provide service work in locations like rural Jamaica.
- Our graduates enter college pursuing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) careers at more than three times the national average. In fact, more than 50% of graduates declare a STEAM major. In the last few years, our students have been accepted at highly competitive institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, to name a few.
- Spiritual Foundation for Life
- Our mission is to educate the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence. The Academy of Notre Dame is committed to Catholic education, in a universal, accepting and welcoming way. We accept students of all faiths, and nurture a belief in the goodness of God and the dignity of each person. We are committed to community-building, diversity, global justice and service to those in need. Our students involve themselves in the local and world community by supporting missions run by the Sisters of Notre Dame, raising money for causes and helping those in need. The possibilities are many within the Academy community, in the region, or as far away as countries in Africa and Latin America.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belmont Grades: 7-12 | 460 students
350 Prospect Street
Belmont, MA 02478
(617) 993-5220 22.1 7-12
- Braintree Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
2001 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(857) 400-9700 24.9 9-12
As a parent of two high school students at the Academy I can say that the quality of the academic programs are exceptional. I know both my girls will be fully prepared for college. The faculty is always helpful and willing to provide the best for the students. There are many extracurricular activities and sports that are offered as well. Both my girls love NDA and I'm sure will continue their lifelong friendships they've made at NDA even after graduation!
- Posted by Parent - Angela
The Academy is so committed to their students and their success in school. Each and every faculty and staff member genuinely cares about the students here and go the extra mile to provide a nurturing, caring, and challenging environment that will lead to personal and academic achievement.
- Posted by Administrator - Susan
NDA Tyngsboro has exceeded my hopes for my daughter's high school experience. The academics are very rigorous, sharpening their critical thinking skills, and is balanced with an environment that fosters personal growth and responsibility; all of which will help students for a life time. I am confident that NDA prepared my daughter for college with both the confidence in herself and the knowledge needed to excel. The students and staff are all very friendly and helpful and we as a family will miss that home away from home.
- Posted by Parent - Kim
My daughter came to NDA in sixth grade. Her classmates were very welcoming, and she made new friends readily. Her classes keep her challenged academically and she has participated in a variety of school athletics and groups. She is preparing now to transition to the Upper School, and I feel confident that she is more than ready to do so, both academically and socially. NDA has given her the tools to succeed!
- Posted by Parent - Carole Barker
As parents looking where to send our daughter to high school was quite simple. Academy of Notre Dame checked all of the boxes for us. High quality academics, small class sizes, and some of the best teachers in the area. They truly care about the girls succeeding in their classes, so they are prepared for college and beyond. The facilities are some of the best and our daughter has enjoyed the extracurricular activities, especially the drama guild.
- Posted by Parent - Russell
The Academy of Notre Dame has a very strong foundation in academics, with knowledgeable teachers whose goal is to truly help students succeed. In addition, NDA has a very supportive and welcoming community that allows for student abilities and talents to be recognized. As a student myself, I feel that it is the community that has truly allowed me develop my skills in all areas of life, in addition to academically, and has helped me grow into the person I am now. My experience here at NDA has been so beneficial to me, and I wholeheartedly recommend the school to anyone seeking a holistic education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Danielle
Hi, my name is Lana and I am currently a junior at the Academy of Notre Dame. From the moment I toured NDA, I knew it was the school for me!! Our classes are small and the teachers are very inspirational, always making time for us. We are encouraged to take on leadership roles at the Academy in our various clubs and activities. I recently started my own club! I am confident that NDA is giving me a great foundation to build on as I have witnessed the success of my sisters who have graduated before me. NDA=Result$
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lana
As a student at the Academy of Notre Dame, I can say that the Academy exceeded my expectations in a high school. The Academy has not only provided me with a great education, but has also provided me with the confidence to share my knowledge with other both inside and outside of the classroom. The Academy has prepared me for college in a way the I feel I could not have received at another school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alivia
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.