Memorial Private High School (6th - 12th)
Tel: (281) 759-2288
Memorial Private High School (6th - 12th) Photo #2 - Welcome to Memorial Private High School. We built a school for your student to know them by name, help them grow individually, and mature day by day. We are Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools. Visit today.
Memorial Private High School (6th - 12th) Photo #4 - Students work together on fun academic projects.
Memorial Private High School (6th - 12th) Photo #6 - Georgie, the leader of the Paw Hall Patrol, can be found monitoring the halls and greeting visitors.
Memorial Private High School (6th - 12th) Photo #8 - Students have many opportunities to improve leadership and public speaking skills.
- Accredited by Cognia/AdvancED/Southern Association of Colleges & Schools, MPHS is a faith-based High School (6th-12th) serving Houston's Memorial and surrounding areas since 2005. MPHS is fully college preparatory, and also builds confidence and academic excellence for students with dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, and related high functioning learning differences. The key differentiators are a small, safe school, with weekly/bi-weekly activites and service that build close community, with a (much) less stressful environment that you might find in larger public and private schools,
- The MET (Memorial Education & Tutoring) is an afternoon and evening tutoring division of MPHS.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, mild learning differences, anxiety, similar|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(We have a school uniform.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||MPHS has a monthly payment plan; does not offer scholarships yet.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pamela Camp|
|Admissions Associate||Eleanor Sheldon|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Paddle Tennis, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Comic Book Club, Drawing Club, Farming Club, H.O.P.E. Club, Jounalism Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Crossfit, Girls Fitness, Yoga
- Accredited by the Cognia/AdvancED/Southern Association of Colleges & Schools, MPHS is a faith-based High School (6th-12th) serving Houston's Memorial and surrounding areas since 2005. MPHS caps the school at 60 students.
- Students at MPHS usually choose the school for its values, general safety, service, college prep. Students look toward MPHS when they just do not want the larger schools, or because we are faith-based, and/or because we have a close 'family-like' atmosphere in a structured school setting. The majority of the students just want the smaller setting and a good college prep school.
- MPHS enjoys working with students that have been in GT or IB programs as well as high functioning special needs programs. MPHS is not equipped to take students who are having substance abuse issues or behavior troubles. Typical students have been homeschooled as well as students that have been to enormous schools with 1,000+ people in their grades. MPHS is comfortable working with students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, high functioning autism, ADD, ADHD, slow processing, and other 'high level' learning differences. Some students have anxiety and thrive in this environment, and they just wanted a place where people easily knew them by name.
- MPHS, the original 'microschool' since 2005, is the best and only Houston private school that retains its small, family-oriented size. MPHS will be planting other small schools across the state and beyond. Call the school at 281-759-2288 to see if this may be the right choice for your child.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-7323 2.7 NS
- Houston Grades: PK-1 | 17 students
1315 S Dairy Ashford St
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 493-3700 1.3 PK-1
- Houston Grades: PK-7 | 152 students
3710 Highway 6 S
Houston, TX 77082
(281) 497-4057 4.8 PK-7
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.