Montessori Childrens Room
Tel: (914) 273-3291
- The Montessori Children's Room, in Armonk, Northern Westchester County, New York, NY, is a private Montessori school / Pre-School dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Phillip Went|
- The Montessori Children's Room, located in Armonk, New York, is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment. The Montessori Children's Room grew from a group of parents who banded together in 1968 to provide the materials and atmosphere where their children could grow into warm people who reach for excellence in all things. Two years later the school moved to its present location on Old Route 22 next to Armonk's Whippoorwill Park. Since this time, the program and facilities have been continually expanded and improved to better serve the needs of our children. The Montessori Children's Room staffed by certified Montessori Teachers continues its dedication to helping each child achieve his/her potential by nurturing and stimulating that unique union of mind and body through academics, music, drama, art, movement, and practical life skills directed by a dedicated staff in a setting of rustic serenity. The school follows the Montessori philosophy combined with the latest research in education to create an environment where children experience the joy of learning, the excitement of spontaneous leaps in understanding and the pride of accomplishment. The carefully planned, stimulating environment helps children develop within themselves an excellent foundation for creative learning. The learning materials have been designed to provide a wide variety of learning experiences geared to the developmental needs of young children. The learning involved in handling, manipulating and working with these materials is fascinating and absorbing for the young child. When engaged in these well-structured tasks and exploratory activities, the child experiences a deep inner satisfaction, which leaves him or her with an overall positive attitude.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Armonk Grades: K | 78 students
448 Bedford Rd
Armonk, NY 10504
(914) 273-9760 1.5 K
- Thornwood Grades: 9-12 | 707 students
582 Columbus Ave
Thornwood, NY 10594
(914) 495-6069 2.7 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.