Montessori Childrens Room
The Montessori Children's Room, in Armonk, Northern Westchester County, New York, NY, is a private Montessori school / Pre-School dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-1
- Students: 144 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Montessori Children's Room, located in Armonk, New York, is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment. The Montessori Children's Room grew from a group of parents who banded together in 1968 to provide the materials and atmosphere where their children could grow into warm people who reach for excellence in all things. Two years later the school moved to its present location on Old Route 22 next to Armonk's Whippoorwill Park. Since this time, the program and facilities have been continually expanded and improved to better serve the needs of our children. The Montessori Children's Room staffed by certified Montessori Teachers continues its dedication to helping each child achieve his/her potential by nurturing and stimulating that unique union of mind and body through academics, music, drama, art, movement, and practical life skills directed by a dedicated staff in a setting of rustic serenity. The school follows the Montessori philosophy combined with the latest research in education to create an environment where children experience the joy of learning, the excitement of spontaneous leaps in understanding and the pride of accomplishment. The carefully planned, stimulating environment helps children develop within themselves an excellent foundation for creative learning. The learning materials have been designed to provide a wide variety of learning experiences geared to the developmental needs of young children. The learning involved in handling, manipulating and working with these materials is fascinating and absorbing for the young child. When engaged in these well-structured tasks and exploratory activities, the child experiences a deep inner satisfaction, which leaves him or her with an overall positive attitude.
Endorse Montessori Childrens Room. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.