Montessori Childrens Room
The Montessori Children's Room, in Armonk, Northern Westchester County, New York, NY, is a private Montessori school / Pre-School dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-1
- Enrollment: 141 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The Montessori Children's Room, located in Armonk, New York, is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment. The Montessori Children's Room grew from a group of parents who banded together in 1968 to provide the materials and atmosphere where their children could grow into warm people who reach for excellence in all things. Two years later the school moved to its present location on Old Route 22 next to Armonk's Whippoorwill Park. Since this time, the program and facilities have been continually expanded and improved to better serve the needs of our children. The Montessori Children's Room staffed by certified Montessori Teachers continues its dedication to helping each child achieve his/her potential by nurturing and stimulating that unique union of mind and body through academics, music, drama, art, movement, and practical life skills directed by a dedicated staff in a setting of rustic serenity. The school follows the Montessori philosophy combined with the latest research in education to create an environment where children experience the joy of learning, the excitement of spontaneous leaps in understanding and the pride of accomplishment. The carefully planned, stimulating environment helps children develop within themselves an excellent foundation for creative learning. The learning materials have been designed to provide a wide variety of learning experiences geared to the developmental needs of young children. The learning involved in handling, manipulating and working with these materials is fascinating and absorbing for the young child. When engaged in these well-structured tasks and exploratory activities, the child experiences a deep inner satisfaction, which leaves him or her with an overall positive attitude.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Montessori Childrens Room?
The application deadline for Montessori Childrens Room is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Montessori Childrens Room. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.