- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 657 students
- Yearly Tuition: $38,820
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / Dec. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Nightingale-Bamford School educates the minds and the hearts of its students in a challenging, vibrant community that prizes academic excellence. Founded in 1920, Nightingale provides a classical curriculum to students of varied backgrounds, interests and talents whose teachers inspire them to love learning and to embrace curiosity, creativity, and hard work.Nightingale is committed to diversity in an educational environment of responsibility, mutual respect, and empathy. We value individuals whose differences include, but are not limited to, age, ethnicity, family structure, gender, learning style, physical ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. In each division, small classes permit teachers to find their students’ strengths and insist on their best efforts. Through the arts and athletics, ample leadership opportunities, extracurricular activities, and social service, Nightingale students are encouraged to discover and to demonstrate that the mind and heart are equally important, and that one is empty without the other.For the last 20 years, the sense of community at Nightingale has been strengthened by the student body working together under one roof, and we look forward to expanding the Schoolhouse in the 2012-2013 school year. An innovative and interdisciplinary visual education curriculum and the Program in Dramatic Literature take advantage of New York’s museum resources and theatrical productions connected with classroom study. Students are introduced to the study of Spanish, Mandarin, and French in Class III and begin Latin in Class VI. The math and science curriculum is extensive, including a summer biotechnology program, science seminar, and an 8th grade research trip to Costa Rica. Course offerings are enriched by off-campus opportunities, individual student projects, and academic exchanges through Interschool. The School has broad extra-curricular offerings including athletics, performing arts, student government, award-wining publications, and a wide variety of student-run clubs. The social service program in all three divisions coordinates volunteer activities for all students. During the summer, Nightingale students have the opportunity to participate in our internships in a variety of fields---from politics to medicine to the performing arts. Colleges most frequently selected by Nightingale graduates in the last 5 years include Brown, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Kenyon, Oberlin, University of Pennsylvania, Vanderbilt, and Yale. Of the 92 faculty members, over three-quarters have advanced degrees and all participate in extensive professional development. At Nightingale, our girls are thinkers and scholars, they are strong and active, and they are inspired and able. They will, in short, be ready to engage the twenty-first century in new and exciting ways.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Nightingale-bamford School cost?
What sports does Nightingale-bamford School offer?
What is Nightingale-bamford School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Nightingale-bamford School?
Endorse Nightingale-bamford School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards